Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:17 AM   #15
Alpine Owners Club
We have been TT members since 2004, we upgraded to the Platinum Plus level in 2006, we as one poster has said “paid thousands” to become a member. Now that we are retired, those moneys will be well spent. Last year we started across country, staying in Lake of the Springs; Las Vegas; Verde valley; and two different parks in Texas, and Orlando in Florida (two weeks the first time and another week after training). We liked all of them some better than others. On our way back from Florida (RV repair college last winter) we stayed in Tennessee in one park and then no others coming back as we did not have access to them, we did stay in RPI parks and Passport America parks then. This year, we have stayed in Lake Minden, and have reservations in TT parks all over the Western part of the country for the season until we start home in Early April. I would not trade my membership for anything. It will save me thousands of dollars every year in campground fees. Those of you considering your costs should use the 30 dollars a night average for any park you stay in, to see if the costs are worth it to you. I figure, we have broken even since last year on our initial costs. Our dues are around 600 a year, and it we figure 180 days in the system that works out to about 3.33 a day. If you have another membership, like Western Horizons, Sunrise Resorts, Coast to Coast, I cannot speak about those except to say, they don't have near the resorts TT does. At last count we have 58 membership parks across the country, mostly on the west coast, Texas, and Florida. They also own outdoor world parks in the eastern seaboard, and as a TT member you can get reduced rates on any Encore or ELS park across the country, as low as 3 dollars a night. So look for a used membership on the internet, doing a search "thousand trails memberships for sale", you will save a lot of money purchasing it used. To ensure you don’t get taken, make sure you call TT membership office with the membership account number you are considering first to make sure the dues are up to snuff, and the membership is really what is being offered. At this point in time, TT is selling “zone memberships” for 499 annually which are the dues costs, there are a limited number of those for sale, that type gets you 14 days in/7 days out, and after the 31 day of use, you pay 3.00 per night fee. Buying a used membership is a better option if you will use it for 4 months or longer annually. When I searched I had 10 hits for memberships, check craigslist.com in your area for them as well. Hope this helps.

Monty & Janet - 2007 Alpine APEX 40 MDTS
S/N - 75715 - Retired - Master Certified RV Tech
Old Rv'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2010, 10:52 AM   #16
Newmar Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Has anyone used the TT in the Pa or northeast. I just purchased the South & Northeast to give it a try for next summer. When I tried to book near home(Florida) I found things full. With the Zone plan I can only make reservations 60 days out where other can book 90 days out. Seems like I could end up having a difficult time getting into Pa to Maine parks next summer.

CityOnA-Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:43 PM   #17
city on a hill, the key to getting a reservation is to call first thing exactly 60 days before and the moment tt opens for reservations on that day or possibly just before closing the day before and you have an excellent chance of getting the reservation you want. I have been making reservation for about 12 years now and usually get it done, I guess the old addage " the early bird gets the worm " is true in this respect. Good Luck(as long as you don't beat me out of a reservation)
Steve and Diane & our cat, Baby
2004 Winnebago Adventurer 33V
Workhorse Chassis Owner
realRVvilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:32 AM   #18
Winnebago Owners Club
As stated above make your reservation as soon as your membership allows especially during the winter months and use the computer you can get to the system earlier. Also the Peace River Park usually has openings. Even though the system says the place is full (in Florida) I usually count at least 20 or more sites still vacant they used to keep sites open for sales but did not add them to the open sites you seen when you try to make a reservation. I am not sure if they do it the same way now. One tip if you are looking for 2 weeks and only 1 week is open book it and once you are there usually they will extend your stay.

07 Itasca Ellipse 40fd, 2014 Honda CRV, greyhound lab mix, pit pointer mix(RIP bessie) , shar pei mix, stupid cat, wife
GG1 is offline   Reply With Quote