Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2010, 03:28 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Campground Membership

We have a TT membership, 2weeks in one week out.
How many others have a TT, and do you like it, so far we do, and we are thinking to up grade, pays it self off in a few weeks that we travel.
The dues will be frozen, and we can go to any of there campgrponds for 3 weeks.
If for some reason we can not travel, they will hold our status for up to 5 years no back dues, this sounds good to us.
We want to do lots of traveling next year.
What do you think???

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2010, 04:20 PM   #2

Smile

We have memberships and have used them alot over the past 13 years. I have even worked at parks and sold memberships. Most of the resorts are destination resorts and take you out into nature and are not right off the highway, for those you have the affiliations with other "open to the general public" parks. We do love the resorts we have visited and we have visited about 60 membership parks so far. When you are thinking about upgrading to more of a membership, you should think about if you are going to park at resorts for the longer length of time and if that is appealing to you do it! We find that 2 weeks in is a good length of time, but you never know that could change at any time. Hope you enjoy your travles no matter what decision you make!!

realRVvilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:01 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
i have belong to TT for over 10 years now, but now you can go there and use the park as a non member with no restrictions and pay only $38 per night. no annual dues at all. this was confirmed with me by the manager at TT Wilmington. they are having members drop their memberships due to this.
majfrizz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:23 PM   #4

What is "TT"?

Don
Old 08-24-2010, 06:14 PM   #5

Thousand Trails. I've heard that also and you can also buy a years worth of camping for a few hundred. So the business is changing and adapting to the economy and camping habits and needs changing
Old 08-25-2010, 09:11 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by akadeadeye View Post
What is "TT"?

Don
Thousand trails (TT) is a campground membership you can buy into. We recieved it free for 10yr when we bought our MH, Most campgrounds charge $3.00 for 50amp. some do not. We believe its how you want to travel, and save $$ the dues has paid it self over 4x for us. Like some have said they stay in one spot all winter, and that may work for them, we can stay 3wk and more on to another for 3wk or less, NO out time.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:17 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by majfrizz View Post
i have belong to TT for over 10 years now, but now you can go there and use the park as a non member with no restrictions and pay only $38 per night. no annual dues at all. this was confirmed with me by the manager at TT Wilmington. they are having members drop their memberships due to this.

$38.00 anight= $266 that pays our dues $489. frozen =$0.00 for us all year, we do use RPI at times $10.00 night. So Far we like it??
Old 08-25-2010, 10:28 AM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
My boss joined TT and was telling me how good it is so when we bought our 5ver in July , I paid my $499 to join. We have been to the Colorado River park (Columbus, TX) and Medina Lake (TX). Both parks are older ('60's?). Colorado had minimal staff, no supplies, no planned activities, limited hours of operation - we probably will not go back. Medina Lake was well staffed with pleasant help, activities, store, etc. only drawback was a large number of day campers - may or may not go back. We will try some others as we travel, but I'm not convinced it is for us at this time. Had I known I could try the campgrounds on a daily fee basis, I would have held off buying in until I tried several. In sumation, I don't think I will join / buy-in to another without checking out thoroughly.
& 2014 Jeep Sahara Unlimited Toad
"Get It While You Can"
jwomack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #9

Thumbs up

We use RPI and the other affiliates alot now since our home park is not near us. We used our home park mostly for about 2 years until we started trying out the other parks in the areas we visit. Some of the parks are more rustic and some are highly developed so we just take advantage of whatever type of accomodations they have since we travel for my husbands job. I have used this type of camping/living for 13 years now and do not regret the purchase, we know that we have gotten our moneys worth our of our home park.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:47 AM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Yes we have TT, and I love it. 21 days in, and then the next place 21 days. Our dues won't freeze until I turn 62, then they do. Some are better than others, and some are more geared to children than others. Depending on where you are the coast areas seem to have more parks. Since ELS Purchased TT, they are pushing Encore parks and some deals exist. They need more TT parks in AZ, NM, CO, WY, and lots of other places. I joined TT so I would not have to pay to camp, Encore is too expensive to stay in, so I also have a Passport America membership, and those parks were better than many in the RPI system.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:41 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Encore has offered a lot of parks at $99 a week to TT members. We are staying a week in the Keys for $400 at the Encore park in season.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:30 PM   #12
GG1

Winnebago Owners Club
Thousand Trails

If you use the system frequently you will be ahead every year. If you do weekends or travel only a few weeks a year its not worth the money. If you are a full timer its worth it even with the expense of an upgraded membership, you can live within the system for only the yearly fee once you join. We have been members for the past 10 years, some parks are nicer than others. But we have found that none of the parks are as nice as the more expensive upscale types but then once in a while you can treat yourself. They used to advertise the security of membership without the general public having access but now as stated in a previous post anyone can enter the parks. You have to remember its a business TT is not there to do you favors its there to make money, its all negotiable.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:49 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
KM Membership

Being from Washington state , we joined KM Resorts on a lark with very high membership up front then maint. fees yearly, we were told all utilitys except wi-fi would be free--That is changing as we speak. My membership was transfered without my knowledge to Neskowin Or. park which was a sudden shock.
Anyway what you get for the thousands (Yes I said thousands) are 8 parks in Wasington and one in Oregon.
Research-Research-Research
Don't go in blind.
My wife and I are going fulltime soon and will have to buy another membership in one of the discount clubs in order to get by.
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:26 PM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2 View Post
How many others have a TT, and do you like it, What do you think???
I have been a Thousand Trails member since 1985. I am at TT Medina Lake right now and have been at Lake Conroe and Colorado River within the past month. Colorado River used to have to close in the summer but they tried staying open this year. Yes, they have reduced staff, but the park was available for those of us who like to use it. The staff that was there worked hard and did a good job. Yes, there are people allowed in now, but people were coming in on sales pitches all along. Instead of 45 sites reserved for sales, there are now 10 sites available to the public (per the Manager, Don at a meeting this morning). I'm not thrilled with a lot of things they are doing but they ARE working to improve the parks. People can't just drive in - they must call and make advance reservations. It is more secure than I first thought.

I like being a Thousand Trails member and hope to enjoy it even more in the future.

Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote