Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2007, 07:05 AM   #15

I thought i'd add some CG reviews -- i just did one for Outdoor Resorts in Blue Ridge Mountains.
How can i add some pictures to this? I didn't see a place to do that -- is that a feature only available to the 1st reviewer?

I have pictures of every CG we visit.

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
HeresLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2007, 06:40 PM   #16

Well, It seems I cannot regester using my present screen name or my existing email address. I will not create yet another screen name to remember nor set-up yet another email account. I will just post my opinion of a RV park in Niagara Falls, ON, Canada on this board.

To: Campark owner, Peter @

Best holiday Trav-L-Park
9387 Lundy's Lane (Hwy 20)
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada

Phone 905-358-3873
Fax 905-354-7484
Email info@campark.com
This review of your RV park is being posted to rvparkreviews.com and several other RV forums.

We attempted to follow the directions to Campark as stated in a private email from your office, which was copied from the http://www.campark.com/ website. The directions state "follow Queen Elisabeth Highway to Niagara Falls___". Since signage states there are seven exits to Niagara Falls from QEW, the directions were now useless, leaving us to our own ingenuity to find your business.
Finally, upon arrival, we discovered a very nice, lush green RV park, which unfortunately was only the section for seasonal/permanent sites. The short-term campsites were brown, sparsely grassy, and seemingly unattended, if trash on the ground was an indicator. Low tree branches were impossible to avoid while driving a large RV through the permanent sites to get to the short term campsites. The man operating a lawn mower, chose 5 PM to mow around RV's, really great at supper time and a cookout/campfire.
Your swimming pool appeared clean and well attended. After human feces was discovered floating in the pool (not uncommon, unfortunately), no staff member displayed any sense of urgency to protect swimmers. The pool was never closed while you determined if there was a health danger. The man in charge of maintaining your swimming pool stated he wished you would close it because it is such a nuisance to maintain. And said he did not test for e-coli bacteria because it is not required.. This leaves me to imagine proper maintenance is not a priority for you.
We chose your RV park because we were bringing two grandchildren, and wanted a very nice RV park with lots of things for children. The playground is geared for under ten year olds, leaving little to do for older children. The "game room" has only about 4 video machines.

Your staff, while very friendly, polite, and knowledgeable about your RV park knew little about attractions in Niagara Falls, ON, even while handing out advertisements for them.
We were all disappointed in your facility after reading your glowing website, especially when considering the high nightly rate. On a scale of 1-10, I would give your facility a overall score of 4.

Respectfully,
Ray Fowler

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:26 PM   #17

Can someone check the photo section. Each time I try to open all I get is a blank page....

01 Winnebago Journey DL 36ft w/Cat 330
HobbyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:52 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
HobbyJack...
The photos, campgrounds and classifieds are all down right now.
Admin is aware of the problem and they are working on it!

MM
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:59 PM   #19

Thanks MM, I knew you would be there!!

01 Winnebago Journey DL 36ft w/Cat 330
HobbyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:29 AM   #20

glad to see there is a problem with the site i thought it was just me
Chuck Linn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:59 AM   #21
paz

I'm glad the bugs are getting worked out of the Campground Review section of the forum. With all the members' travels here at iRV2, there is a wealth of information out there. Unfortunately, many of the members (including ourselves) seem to forget about this important area and neglect to pass on information that could be a huge benefit to our fellow members.

Unfortunately, when I tried to go there this morning, all I got was a blank page. MonacoMama's post a couple of days ago said it was down, but I was hoping it would be back up by now. Guess there is still some work being done. I'll check back later.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:03 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
The photo, news, classifieds and campground programs are still down...Admin is working very hard to fix the system. Those nasty gremlins won't chase out as easily as normal...even this "Troll" can't scare 'em out!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote