Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2005, 03:56 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just returned from a trip to the Michigan UP and I would like to post me feelings regarding our experiences with CGs.I stayed in 10 different CGs and out of the 10 there was only one that I had stayed in before. The other 9 were initial experiences and were selected mainly by location to the interstates and my destinations.
There was only one CG that did not meet my expectations, due to low power and general cleanliness of the site. When I complained I was told to spend the nite and that my fee would be returned in the morning. Which it was.
I am puzzled when I read the stories about, how people have been treated and the condition of the CGs. I for one use the facilities that I have with me so I do not use the bathrooms, showers etc. I do make it a point to look in and inspect them, which gives me a pretty good handle as to the operation.
All of the stays were done with reservations being made a few hours before we arrived and we had no problems. I personally feeel that if we stop patronizing these establishments because of rising fuel costs, they will disappear. IMHO

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2005, 03:56 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just returned from a trip to the Michigan UP and I would like to post me feelings regarding our experiences with CGs.I stayed in 10 different CGs and out of the 10 there was only one that I had stayed in before. The other 9 were initial experiences and were selected mainly by location to the interstates and my destinations.
There was only one CG that did not meet my expectations, due to low power and general cleanliness of the site. When I complained I was told to spend the nite and that my fee would be returned in the morning. Which it was.
I am puzzled when I read the stories about, how people have been treated and the condition of the CGs. I for one use the facilities that I have with me so I do not use the bathrooms, showers etc. I do make it a point to look in and inspect them, which gives me a pretty good handle as to the operation.
All of the stays were done with reservations being made a few hours before we arrived and we had no problems. I personally feeel that if we stop patronizing these establishments because of rising fuel costs, they will disappear. IMHO

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 06:19 AM   #3

Another point is what are people comparing campgrounds against? I have been to campgrounds which I thought where pretty nice yet have read reviews that others thought the same place was terrible. I have also stayed at some that I would never stay at again and read where people loved the place. I look for clean well taken care of restroom facilities, nice sites. Usually if this is found the management is friendly & helpful. Campground owners know that if they do not keep there property up that no one will stay and they will eventually close. The good ones will be here and the bad ones will drift by.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:48 PM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Captain Bud:
I personally feeel that if we stop patronizing these establishments because of rising fuel costs, they will disappear. IMHO </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Captain Bud! I'm a former Yooper (been gone for 21 years). Hope you enjoyed the U.P.!!

Regarding your sentiment, it's too bad more folks don't feel that way when they pull into Wal-Mart (or any other non-campground) for the night.

1998 TowLite 18TD
BigPackFan is offline   Reply With Quote