Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2015, 06:32 PM   #1
UAV

Campgrounds in Silver City, NM

Hey All...

Heading out to Silver City for a week and would like any input on the area campgrounds.

I have stayed at the Silver City Campground that is really in the city but would like to try one of the ones on the outskirts of town.

Would like quiet, clean, and some shade is always helpful!

Have seen the Google Maps reviews which help but not as much as all of you help in this forum.

Any input appreciated!
UAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2015, 07:29 PM   #2

We stayed at the Rose Valley RV Ranch last year for the Tour of the Gila. It was a nice place, not too loud and close to the grocery store. Not a lot of shade though. I think you need to go up towards Pinos Altos to get shade. Not sure about the campgrounds up there.
MonkeyClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 07:31 PM   #3
UAV

I am heading down for the Gila myself! You going this year? Almost got cancelled you know...but I am getting old and need to do it while I still have the ability to do so!
Old 04-13-2015, 08:09 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
We also stayed at Rose Valley several years ago, fairly large sites with some treed sites, but not all of them. We would stay there again, probably will next spring. Folks that ran the place were very friendly. Good luck!

Bruce and Judy
Firebug5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:52 PM   #5

Faywood Hot Springs

City of Rocks State Park
halfwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAV View Post
I am heading down for the Gila myself! You going this year? Almost got cancelled you know...but I am getting old and need to do it while I still have the ability to do so!
No racing for me this year, to much other stuff going on to train properly. Hopefully next year if it's still on. Good luck!
MonkeyClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 11:10 AM   #7
UAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
No racing for me this year, to much other stuff going on to train properly. Hopefully next year if it's still on. Good luck!
That is exactly why I did not end up down there last year....Was able to go in 1987 (actually won a stage!) and 2012 and 2013.

Going back to do it in honor of my good cycling chum Big Jim. He passed away last year with all sorts of cancer.

Hope to see you next year!
Old 04-14-2015, 06:53 PM   #8

Burro Mountain Homestead. It's about 15 miles sw of town. They have a big atv rally the first week of may.
frizzen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground