Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2017, 09:48 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Campgrounds in the Jackson Wy. Area

I recently posted Motorhome 42, perhaps I should have been more to the point. We are having trouble finding a place in the Jackson/Tetons area that can accommodate va 42 ft M/H. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We will be there in early Sept.

Ranger Rick
Winn Tour 42
Ranger Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2017, 09:54 AM   #2

We spent one night at the Virginian in Jackson last month. I think their sites are limited to 40' tho'. If you haven't called them, you might give it a shot. I found their staff to be very helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
I recently posted Motorhome 42, perhaps I should have been more to the point. We are having trouble finding a place in the Jackson/Tetons area that can accommodate va 42 ft M/H. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We will be there in early Sept.
Papa Foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:27 PM   #3

Try Colter Bay RV PARK, I have reservations for 2 sites 40ft in late
September, I would think 42' is allowed.
Rburian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 11:15 PM   #4

In Grand Teton park itself is Gros Ventre campground (our favorite) and Colter Bay campground and also the RV park next door.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:39 PM   #5

X2 for Colter Bay RV park
I stayed the in June and there was a 43 foot Newmar Dutch Star parked next to me. I even saw a Prevost in there as well
rdd001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:47 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I'll 2nd Gros Ventre about 12 minutes north of Jackson. One loop has 36 electric, then another 4-5 loops dry camping (200 sites). No reservations here. Sept should not be any problem. We were there Memorial Day Weekend and there were still electric sites open. The whole campground was maybe 40% filled.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:18 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just a little FYI, September, after the kids are back in school the "youth challenged" population visits the Teton's to escape the crowds and youngsters and to see the change of colors. There is a good deal of this group that travel in "glampers"--large rv's with all the bells and whistles. You don't want to wait until dusk to pull into a campground and expect no problems with vacancy--heck in early and use the toad for touring.
Tetonchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:39 PM   #8

Fireside in Wilson can accommodate your length, but....

Fireside Resort - Jackson Hole Campground - Wilson, WY - RV Park Reviews
McGarrett50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground, jacks