Palmetto Island State Park located in Abbeville, La open in 2011. Located 10 miles from our residence, we decided to take a short camping trip to see how the place stands up.
- The roadways and campsite are gravel; dust is an issue at times.
- The natures trails lined with gravel are great for walking or riding bicycle.
- There are several ponds for fishing on the embankment or canoes. A boat launch to allow you to go fishing out in the Vermilion Bay.
- Recreation Water Park for the kidís enjoyment.
- No Internet, but the TV channels come in fairly well. Cell phone has average signal.
- Comfort stations. cabins available, and tent pads at some of the sites.
Overall, our stay was nice. We recommend everyone to come and enjoy the Southern area of Louisiana.
See pictures on my website here