Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2012, 07:32 AM   #15

I just got back yesterday from 4 days of camping.. cant tell you if the neighbors were rude, the closest one was over a mile away.

lynn boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2012, 11:31 AM   #16

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Our last week-long was the week before Memorial Day. Lots of rain, but real good fishing. Our neighbors weren't necessarily "rude" (at first), just disgusting before the end. As the week progressed, we noticed nobody from that site went to the restroom located not-so-far away, except for a shower one day (their camper had no restroom). Then I noticed their "bathroom" was behind a tent and eventually moved to the open area in their site by one individual. I just figured these two guys were probably used to dry camping in the woods somewhere and kept to myself. It was after they left (in a hurry, I might add), that a 5 gallon bucket of **** was found in a trash can near that site! People please! If there's a restroom you can see from your site, use it! Would they want to be the poor person that collects the trash in the cg?
Not to mention trying to sleep in a tent while listening to their mini dvd player cranked up outside. I don't know what the movie was, but I probably had dreams about it.

2001 24' Trail-lite MH by R-vision w/8.1L Chev.
NatureCalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #17

Last year, for vacation, we camped at Myrtle Beach State Park. When we booked our site, we didn't notice how close it was to one of the playgrounds. Big mistake. The first day, kids were running trough our site and one little girl nearly "clotheslined" herself on one of the rope hold downs on our EZ-UP awning. I put an end to that real quick, without being mean.

Don't get me wrong, I like kids, dogs and all that good stuff. We even had 2 of our older kids with us (13 and 15). I don't mind someone cutting across the edge of our site. No big deal to me. Charging through the middle of it, that's a problem. We are going back to MBSP this year. When I made the reservation this time, I made sure I was nowhere near the playgrounds or a bathhouse. LOL. Live and learn.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:50 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureCalls View Post
that a 5 gallon bucket of **** was found in a trash can near that site!

thats just nasty! ive been done with campgrounds (most of them) for some time now. and during the last camping trip the wife and I were sitting under the awning.. the only noise were the birds in the trees. She turns to me and says "I think im done with campgrounds babe" lol... its about time!
Old 06-05-2012, 08:03 AM   #19

i can run my generator at 11pm so the kids can micro some popcorn.. and what campground would let you build them one of these?
Old 06-06-2012, 08:09 AM   #20

When I got my first RV someone gave a card titled Campground Etiquette, best thing I ever received as a new RV'er

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

AS a newbie to the RV world wondering where I can obtain on of these cards??
Old 06-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #21

To lynn

The campground that allows the generator at 11pm is the campground I will be sure to stay away from!
Old 06-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyhtl View Post
The campground that allows the generator at 11pm is the campground I will be sure to stay away from!
I would never do it in a campground. im a very courtious camper when I have neighbors.
since I have discovered so much BLM land for boondocking It's been a real eye opener how nice it is not to have to worry about people being around
Old 06-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #23

Jimm68, I thought I was the only camper on this site who actually enjoyed the experience. Why go camping if you don't enjoy people, dogs and children? I like them all. I, too, camped in tents at one time, so I treat them the same as MH dwellers.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:46 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by X Railroader View Post
When I got my first RV someone gave a card titled Campground Etiquette, best thing I ever received as a new RV'er

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

AS a newbie to the RV world wondering where I can obtain on of these cards??
Here is one version

RV Campground Etiquette: Be a Good (Campsite) Neighbor

Most RVers are considerate of fellow campers when staying at a campground. A good rule of thumb is to treat others as you would like to be treated. If we all follow these simple campground etiquette tips, everyone in the campground will have an enjoyable and safe camping experience.

Introduce Yourself. Once you’ve secured a campsite, say "hello" and introduce yourself to your campsite neighbors. Knowing your neighbors helps with campsite security while you are away from your site, and may come in handy if you forgot any items at home like aspirin or sunscreen.

Shhh… Keep it quiet! Don’t blare the radio, stereo or TV – especially late at night or early in the morning – when others are trying to sleep. Ask your campsite neighbors if the radio or TV is too loud. Even better, wear a headset if you are outside or windows are open.

No trespassing. If you’re walking around the campground, do not walk through other campsites, even if it would make it easier to get to washrooms, dumpster or other park locations. Walking through another person’s campsite is a major no-no. Respect your neighbors’ privacy and stay on the roads and pathways.

Pet etiquette Keep your pet on a leash at all times. Many RVers love animals but they don’t want your dog running through their campsite. Also, stop excessive barking, and don’t leave a howling dog unattended.

More pet peeves. Do pick up after your dog. Nothing spoils a walk more than stepping in dog-do. (Especially with bare feet) Bring a scoop or plastic bag to pick up and dispose of properly. Special bags can be found at pet supply stores. Some camp stores carry them as well.

Around the Campfire. Keep your voices down around the campfire late at night. If your group gathers to sing and talk around the campfire, understand that many other campers are trying to sleep.

Late arrivals, early departures. If you arrive late at a park, try to set keep set-up to a minimum. Your neighbors will be more understanding if they don’t have to listen to loud voices, slamming doors or an idling engine. Use the same consideration if you have to leave early the next morning. Don’t forget to tidy your campsite the night before.

Keep it clean! Don't leave trash at your campsite. The smell alone may bring unwelcome furry visitors while you sleep or when you leave your site for a hike. Take your trash to the park provided garbage bin and recycling containers.

Additional links you might find useful:
RV Basics .com - RV Information for RVers about RVing
RVgeeks - YouTube
RV Park Reviews :: Home
Free Campgrounds for RVs
My Business - Home
RV Service Review
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:20 AM   #25

and I always introduce my new camping neighbors to sweetness..

my loaded .357 I sleep with at night

Old 06-08-2012, 07:44 AM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn boyd View Post
and I always introduce my new camping neighbors to sweetness..

my loaded .357 I sleep with at night

Sorry but that kinda sounds a little unwise.

Why would someone let strangers know they are armed so that when they are away from the camper they can steal it? If someone came to my site just to show off there "sweetness" I would seriously be concerned about their fragility.

As to whether that is good etiquette...unless I invite someone to show off their gun collection, I would find it extremely rude if not an outright act of hostility. It tells me that the gun owner doesn't trust me. Makes me wonder what I have done to cause them to distrust me in the first place. OTOH, it might make me think they are a bit too loose in the head.

If a gun owner feels so threatened that they have to display their weapons just for affect...I suggest they should consider finding a "safer" camping location. They should NOT come over to my site and try to scare or impress me.

I'm just sayin'...
Old 06-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by athuddriver View Post
Sorry but that kinda sounds a little unwise.

dude.. im kidding! I followed up the "camper ediquete" post with a little sarcasum.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:44 AM   #28

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
I've been volunteering as a county park camp host. You would not believe the amount of trash I find in the fire rings or around the site. And when was it decided that cigarette butts don't count as litter? I'll frequently come across a site that's spotless, with the exception of a cartons worth of cigarette butts laying all over.
I'd video the cleanup send them a $.50 invoice for each butt. A carton of butts would net you a $100 windfall.

When I was a kid, my dad would give me a nickel for every cigarette butt I picked up around the site. This was so I could go to the CG's gameroom and play pinball or buy some goodies in the store. He was a firm 'leave it better than you found it' believer, as am I.

Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping