Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2014, 11:06 AM   #1

Camping in AZ

Has anyone been wintering in Az these days. I am new to this forum and doing some DD on camp sites for the winter. Thanks for any help
rmor4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2014, 11:23 AM   #2

What exactly do you want to know. Many RVers winter here. If you look on a map and are not familiar with Arizona elevations, the areas you might consider are basically mid to lower state such as the greater Phoenix area over to Roosevelt Lake, west to Parker, Lake Havasu, south to Quartzsite/Yuma and over to Tucson, Benson.

In the winter we wouldn't consider staying in Prescott, Sedona, Payson to Show Low/Alpine or Flagstaff. Nice to visit short-term but these areas can get snow and cold. Depending where you're driving from I-40 can also be treacherous in winter. Consider coming into the state via I-10. Hope this helps for a start.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:29 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Pick a spot that has something to spark your interest for adventure. In the south you have historical old western towns, National forests, and some big towns like Tucson that can provide entertainment and fine dining.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:43 AM   #4

Thanks for the reply I wanted to know of warm places coming from Denver I want no snow. I will be looking to the south and some historic sites. thanks again
Old 02-09-2014, 11:53 AM   #5

Spring is peeking it's head in right now, our place at 4000ft was mid 60's yesterday. already 62 TODAY!! Lows above freezing. May get one more winter burst but I am prepping my mower today!! Stay bellow 4000 and you'll be OK.

Where's that sunblock ?

Typing in a t shirt!
DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:27 PM   #6

It's supposed to be 82 in Parker today!
Robertandkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:30 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
It was 78 a few minutes ago in downtown Lake Havasu.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:41 PM   #8

Have you checked out campgroundreviews.com? You can see most of the places in Southern Arizona with non-biased reviews.
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:41 PM   #9

Thanks everyone for the responses. I'll check out that rv park review site. It got up to 20 today in Denver spring is coming all right.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:01 PM   #10

If you like public camping areas (as opposed to private commercial campgrounds), boondocking, and such, you may find this internet site interesting.
it's one of my favorites.

ed

Ultimate Campgrounds - The LARGEST POI List for US Public Campgrounds
ed6713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:11 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Do you want to camp, as in campfires and hiking and solitude, or do you want to RV and be a Snow Bird. You know, see the sights, enjoy the attractions and the weather?
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:39 PM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
You can't beat the weather or scenery in the Parker / Lake Havasu City area. Many state and private campgrounds all along Hwy 95. We're on our third winter volunteering at Buckskin Mountain State Park, sure beats the weather in Illinois!!!
calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:36 PM   #13

I have never been to the Parker/Lake Havasu area sounds like a good place to check out. I intend on Rving my way around America not really camping like the old days tent and air mattresses. Now its motor homes and a toad. I'd like to go where its never below 40 and never above 80 beautiful and balmy. Take care everyone. Rob
Old 02-11-2014, 06:06 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Parker Dam south on the Colorado river , Good camping ,

Tags
camping