Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2004, 02:38 PM   #1

We want to go to the Music City Bowl. Can anyone recommend a campground in Nashville? Are any close to downtown near the stadium?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2004, 02:38 PM   #2

We want to go to the Music City Bowl. Can anyone recommend a campground in Nashville? Are any close to downtown near the stadium?

Old 12-14-2004, 04:24 AM   #3
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by caldr:
We want to go to the Music City Bowl. Can anyone recommend a campground in Nashville? Are any close to downtown near the stadium? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm not sure where the Statium is but we've stayed at the Opryland KOA Campground.

2626 Music Valley Dr
Nashville, TN 37214-1298
Phone: (615) 889-0282
Water and gas hook-ups for RV's run from $29.95 to $32.95 per night.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 03:44 AM   #4

Send a message via ICQ to Pat Z Send a message via AIM to Pat Z Send a message via Yahoo to Pat Z
We visit my daughter who lives in Nashville quite often. We always stayed at the KOA on Music Valley Drive, but it has gone down hill over the last 4 years. They see to care more about running tours than doing anything with the park. Tha staff is great but the sites are often muddy in the rain and for a while after.
Lately we have stayed at the Jellystone Park which is just before the KOA. It's a very nice park, entertainment at night, WIFI, Cable and more.
There are 3 CG's in a row here, we never tried the other one. As for any closer to the stadium, I don't think so. There are not any that I know of. My daughter lives on the West side of Nashville in Belle Meade, but we have to stay on the East side.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:11 AM   #5

I concur with Pat Z on the KOA. We are in Huntsville Alabama, and when we go to Nashville we stay at the KOA, and it has indeed "gone down hill". But... it 's close to allot of things, like Opry Mills, Camper World, and next door to the "**** of the Walk" restaurant. Pretty good catfish there. The last time we went, there was some big time road construction just before getting there but they may be complete by now. They had the lanes pretty narrow for a couple of miles that made the drive kinda of "exciting". It will give me a natural aerobic workout
Old 12-15-2004, 05:14 AM   #6

Looks like the first word of the restaurant name is on the dirty word list. It's another name for a rooster that sounds like "crock". I hope my explination didnt offend anyone.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:01 PM   #7

Send a message via ICQ to Pat Z Send a message via AIM to Pat Z Send a message via Yahoo to Pat Z
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by billmo99:
I concur with Pat Z on the KOA. We are in Huntsville Alabama, and when we go to Nashville we stay at the KOA, and it has indeed "gone down hill". But... it 's close to allot of things, like Opry Mills, Camper World, and next door to the "**** of the Walk" restaurant. Pretty good catfish there. The last time we went, there was some big time road construction just before getting there but they may be complete by now. They had the lanes pretty narrow for a couple of miles that made the drive kinda of "exciting". It will give me a natural aerobic workout <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The construction was still there in September and did not look close to completion. I get off I40 at exit 216 go up to Elm Hill Pike then right on McGavoc Pike,takes you right to Music Valley Drive. You miss ALL the construction and it's a pretty good road.
Old 12-16-2004, 11:30 AM   #8

Don't remember the Name, but it is right next door to Opry KOA. Same road.

Bruce
Old 12-17-2004, 05:22 AM   #9

The 3 campgrounds on Music Valley Drive are the KOA, Yogi Bear Jellystone Park, and Two Rivers Campground.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:57 AM   #10

We stayed at one of the campgrounds July 2003 (Holiday Nashville Travel Park). It was the first one in the line up. They all look pretty much the same (packed like sardines if filled) but the others had more asphalt. I posted pic's on my Aluminum Asylum site (campground reviews) if you want to look. I posted the campground layout on the site too. If you go to the one we stayed at, make sure you have enough hose & extension cords to reach the power posts as they are at the edge of the roadways. Also they are 30 amp and you maight need an adapter.
Old 12-30-2004, 03:33 PM   #11

In May we had an enjoyable stay at the 2 Rivers Campground in Nashville. Good location and good facilities.We would stay there again without any hesitation. enjoy your visit

Grandpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 12:49 PM   #12

Well we just got back from Nashville. We stayed at Jellystone and it was nice. They have quit having cable, but you can get about 6 local stations. Pat Z's help on avoiding the construction by taking Elm Hill Pike and then McGavoc was very nice. Thanks to all!!!