Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-29-2008, 09:56 AM   #1

We've got a trip planned to OK City with our 5 yr old g'son the first part of April. We have reservations made at Rockwell RV Park and have a few ideas in mind as to what to see and do. Some of the things we have in mind are the local zoo, Camping World, the Cowboy Museum, and Pop's. Is there something in the area that any of you would recommend? Rockwell's has an indoor pool, and Steven is a fish. But we want to do more than just mess around at the pool. We will arrive on the 3rd, and be leaving the 9th. Any ideas that would keep a 5 yr old AND his grandparents busy would be most appreciated!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-29-2008, 09:56 AM   #2

We've got a trip planned to OK City with our 5 yr old g'son the first part of April. We have reservations made at Rockwell RV Park and have a few ideas in mind as to what to see and do. Some of the things we have in mind are the local zoo, Camping World, the Cowboy Museum, and Pop's. Is there something in the area that any of you would recommend? Rockwell's has an indoor pool, and Steven is a fish. But we want to do more than just mess around at the pool. We will arrive on the 3rd, and be leaving the 9th. Any ideas that would keep a 5 yr old AND his grandparents busy would be most appreciated!

Old 02-29-2008, 04:54 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
You must visit the Oklahoma City Memorial and be prepared as it is very moving but a must see.There is no parking for an RV however you can with a toad. Make sure you see the tree that survived the blast.
Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:09 PM   #4

I thought of that, and dismissed it as a destination. Hubby's uncle lives about 90 minutes from OK City, and took us on a day trip to see the Memorial on July 4, 2002. That was really quite the moving experience and when Steven's a bit older, we would like to take him there. But, at 5, I'm afraid it's not age-appropriate. Thanks, tho.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:08 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

A trip out to the bricktown area to get a steak at "The Cattlemans Cafe" is a must as well. I am not a big "Steak person" but in my opinion they have the best steak I have ever put in my mouth. I make SURE to go there everytime I am in Okey CIty.

We are going to Okey City the week before the rally in Perrin this year. IF I can convince Cathy to go eat at Cattlemans more than once while we are there I WILL!

The "Cowboy Hall of fame" is also in Okey City.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:00 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Tinker AFB is near by... Maybe they have a Museum ..
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:33 PM   #7

I agree with Don, Bricktown is a must see. It would be easy to spend the whole day there. There is also Frontier amusement park on the east side of town that would interest him. As a note, You may want to reconsider Rockwell RV park. The reviews on rvparkreviews.com leave a lot to be desired. We always stay at Twin Fountains RV park and haven't been disappointed, and the OKC KOA has good reviews. The downside is that there isn't a pool, although they were talking about putting one in over the winter.

Sparky our Dachshund/Beagle friend
dsaalease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:01 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LeeB:
Tinker AFB is near by... Maybe they have a Museum .. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, Tinker AFB has tours, however, children under 12 years of age are not permitted.

Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote