Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2012, 07:59 PM   #1

Camping in or near Zion/Bryce NP

DW and I are planning a long weekend trip from our home in western colorado to Zion and Bryce NP's. Looking for suggestions on where to camp and can we do it without our toad?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2012, 08:06 PM   #2

We stayed at Ruby's. We liked it, had a nice pool & hot tub, great store & restaurant. The park bus picks you up right at the RV park. We took the bus tour, there is a information booth at the park, and really liked it as the driver got off at each stop & explained things about the park & rock formations. We would have never learned as much as we did had we done the park on our own.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:22 AM   #3

I would bring the toad for sure. Zion does have shuttles and in certain areas you must use them. The parks are two different worlds weatherwise. We spent 5 nights in late April / early May at the Watchman CG in Zion NP and it was great, shorts and T's. We took a day trip to Bryce and froze our butts off. Overnight temps were in the teens there and I don't think it got much out of the 30's the day we were there with pretty stiff winds. I would not want to have driven the Bounder in the those winds. You really need a toad at Bryce to get into the various pull offs. Most were on the left side so we hit them on the way back down, the main park road takes you from 8,000' or so up over 9,000'. A day is not really enough, we were able to stop at all the pull offs and visitor center, but did not have time for any of the trails there. In the Zion canyon your down around 4,000'.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2184.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	519.5 KB
ID:	19125  
Old 03-22-2012, 12:23 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Bob and Inga, Very nice picture.
Bdhicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:28 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdhicks View Post
Bob and Inga, Very nice picture.
I agree

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:35 AM   #6

Thanks for the great info, that's why I love this site
Old 03-23-2012, 02:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob and Inga View Post
I would bring the toad for sure. Zion does have shuttles and in certain areas you must use them. The parks are two different worlds weatherwise. We spent 5 nights in late April / early May at the Watchman CG in Zion NP and it was great, shorts and T's. We took a day trip to Bryce and froze our butts off. Overnight temps were in the teens there and I don't think it got much out of the 30's the day we were there with pretty stiff winds. I would not want to have driven the Bounder in the those winds. You really need a toad at Bryce to get into the various pull offs. Most were on the left side so we hit them on the way back down, the main park road takes you from 8,000' or so up over 9,000'. A day is not really enough, we were able to stop at all the pull offs and visitor center, but did not have time for any of the trails there. In the Zion canyon your down around 4,000'.

Bob
Angels Landing trail - Highly recommended.

Van

Tags
camping