Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Camping near Camden NJ

Does anyone know of a good place to go camping near Camden, NJ? We have two dogs and want to kayak on the Delaware River. Thanks
xbr443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #2
GG1

Winnebago Owners Club
Find another place to put your kayaks in the Delaware. Camden is no place for rv's!!!!! Among other things. Follow the Delaware north to the top of Jersey far away from Camden
Old 04-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG1 View Post
Find another place to put your kayaks in the Delaware. Camden is no place for rv's!!!!! Among other things. Follow the Delaware north to the top of Jersey far away from Camden
I agree,I used to live about 20 min. from camden,it's been many years since i've been there but my friends that are still near there say that it is the same dangerous,nasty,toilet bowl of NJ. and the delaware river used to be a sespool,there are a lot of nice places to go kayaking that are nice in so.jersey,like toms river or even ocean city or atlantic city or cape may. But if you insist on going there and you make it back alive or your RV doesn't get stolen,let us know how it went and what you thought of the place.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:56 PM   #4

Yes, please come up north. Lots of nice areas north of Trenton on the Delaware.

Bulls Run State Park. Frenchtown and Lambertville and New Hope are very nice also.
Bug512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:59 PM   #5

Oh. Re read your post. You can not have dogs in state parks in new jersey.

Sorry
Old 04-11-2012, 08:01 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Thanks, I'm glad I posted this question. My husband and sons are going to a concert in Camden. We are going to be camping in the Adirondack's the beginning of the week so I figured I'd extend the trip and find a place to stay near Camden. We've been on the Delaware many times and love it. I guess I'll have to find somewhere further north that's a reasonable distance for them to drive.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:02 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Maybe we'll have to look in PA since the dogs seem to be an issue in NJ.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #8

Here are a couple of campgrounds, not on the river but a reasonable drive to Camden.

Timberlane Campground

Old Cedar Campground

Tell them to allow plenty of time to get to the concert. We have attended a couple of concerts there and traffic getting in and out is a nightmare. A couple of times traffic has not moved until 1-2 AM after the concert ends.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:19 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug512
Here are a couple of campgrounds, not on the river but a reasonable drive to Camden.

Timberlane Campground

Old Cedar Campground

Tell them to allow plenty of time to get to the concert. We have attended a couple of concerts there and traffic getting in and out is a nightmare. A couple of times traffic has not moved until 1-2 AM after the concert ends.
Thank you, I'll look into them.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Timberlane was a nice park and short drive to good kayaking
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #11

Texas Boomers Club
only camp in Camden if your machine gun turrets provide 360 degree coverage for your RV.
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #12

camdem ??

Stay away from Camdem no campgrounds in that area. Try north of Trenton, maybe on the PA side, upper black eddie, try rt29. Some tight spots but very nice.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Timberlane Campground in Clarksboro NJ is the place to stay. 10 miles to Camden for concerts ,aquarium, and Battleship NJ. Also 5 miles to Delaware River but a basic kayak landing about 3 miles away on a tributary to the Delaware. Although we don't , we see several people kayaking in the river. There is no place to camp in Camden, but going to the attractions is safe. Like any old large city, wandering off the main venues would not recommended as Camden is a very poor city with it's problems. Camping in PA, you will be 35/40 miles from concert with a $5 bridge toll.
Enjoy your self and just be reasonable in what you do.
George Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:36 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I'm getting the impression I should stay away from Camden. LOL. Thanks everyone for your input, it is greatly appreciated.

Tags
camping