Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2016, 07:56 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Somehow SpaceNorman managed to succincty state the perils of planning trips with the majority of folks. Well said.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2016, 11:33 AM   #16

FYI. Before retiring I was walking a class thru the basics of O Chem, sharing that life's brilliant creation owes itself in part to the ability of C to 'hook up with' up to 4 H's, etc. I was well known for keeping my classes interesting, but even I was taken aback when some of the kids started giggling & others looked embarrassed. Mid-sentence I enquirered as to their unexpected reaction. I was informed that 'hooking up' now refers to sexual liaisons. Terminology changes. Might want to be careful what you ask for.
biosensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:36 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceNorman View Post
Left to my own devices - planning a "group" trip would involve me telling friends where I'm going to be and when I'm going to be there ... along with a simple invite to join us if they get the urge - and I'd leave it at that.
Both of us feel the same way and it has worked for us in other forms of travel as well. We met 20 friends in Cozumel last Fall for a wedding. Although I initiated the trip before it turned into a wedding, everybody did what they wanted, were welcome to join in our activities (diving, dinner, ect.), but certainly not obligated. The only planned event was the wedding. There were 22 of us and we all got along great for an entire week. I don't see RV travel any differently.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:29 AM   #18

Thanks all, from what i have heard, i'll leave things alone ! What happens, happens !!!
Old 05-11-2016, 07:39 AM   #19

I guess our experience is different than most other responders. We have been traveling with 2 other couples for a number of years now. It all started with a 26' Holiday Rambler TT to the Grand Canyon that we and couple #2 borrowed from couple #3. We upgraded to a 5th wheel, and eventually couples 2 and 3 also bought 5th wheels. We've been to Florida together, Thunder Bay, the U.P., North Shore Lake Superior, Paducah, and many more, my DW still works, so the other 2 have gone without us a couple of times. We have common interests (Nascar, quilting for the wives, etc.) We always have a good time, this year we are going to Colorado to spend a week ATVing together with another couple. We think spending good times with good friends makes it a lot more enjoyable. One of our kids gave us the nickname "Nebraska Six-Pack" cause we are always together.
Tightwadted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:41 AM   #20

I just remembered something. The last couple we we're going somewhere with was supposed to head out first thing in the morning like we were doing. We were going to meet them there. They got delayed so he could get a colonoscopy. Who loads up ready to go and says wait, let me get a quick colonoscopy before we hit the road.
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:01 AM   #21

We just did a 4 day camping trip at the end of April with a couple that I met on another forum. They live 7 hours away so we meet 1/2 way. This is only our 2nd trip, but it has went quite well. We had similar interests and that started the dialogue in the beginning. We do a lot of stuff together, but not everything. That still allows each of us time to ourselves.

I'd say find someone with like interests and strike up a conversation. There are some things you might want to discover right away. We're not heavy drinkers, don't swear, treat others with respect and we're very good looking people (just kidding on that last part ). Probably want to find those things out early on.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 03:15 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliez View Post
I just remembered something. The last couple we we're going somewhere with was supposed to head out first thing in the morning like we were doing. We were going to meet them there. They got delayed so he could get a colonoscopy. Who loads up ready to go and says wait, let me get a quick colonoscopy before we hit the road.
Guess he was just getting his "sh*t together" . . . . so to speak! LOL

or

He really wanted to "get a move on"!! LOL.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:55 PM   #23

Look for a local Elks (or any other member Org) that has a Kamper Klub. My father and I belong to our local chapter and they do monthly camping trips.

Gavenger
Gavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:44 PM   #24

Hey Jim and Pat

Hi, we live in Brunswick and have a RV that we travel in a lot. Maybe we can get together some time and see if we have common interests. My husband still works so we take a lot of 3 and 4 day weekend trips.

Leslie
lesinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 04:41 AM   #25

Lesinga, Will PM Ya.
Old 05-14-2016, 02:19 PM   #26

PM sent !

Tags
camping