Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2015, 05:22 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Camping Question - Good Value?

Have been looking at what I guess are similar to timeshare condos. In particular, Thousand Trails.
Has anyone had dealings with this program and if so, did you see any actual value or savings.
I have looked at some of the parks that are affiliated with this company and they look very nice and upscale. My issue is, does it really only cost $3 a night and can you make a reservation and get in most of the time. Are there any additional hidden fees that are going to increase the membership price?
Thanks in advance for your replies.
Ken

chiavet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2015, 06:09 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Hi chiavet,
It all depends is the answer to your question. TT has more programs than an insurance company has different policies. Do a search on TT. there are hundreds of posts about the company. All I can advise is to:
1. read the membership T/Cs to understand what you are legally signing up for.
2. Ensure the way you RV, you will use the membership. Using the membership is what creates value.

Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 06:28 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have an old TT membership, mine is a National Membership, lifetime type.. I get to spend up to 20 days a month (2 weeks in one out) in TT parks for about 50/month.. I have a 2nd membership which is only good in michigan in a competitor's CG, same program lower cost So my normal summer monthly parking fee is like 95 bucks.

What do you think

TT parks however tend to be older, and declining a bit, mostly 30 amp and not always that good a power quality,, The 50 amp sites are limited but have much better power, they also cost another few dollars a night.

The TT zone pass is, in my opinion, one o the best deals in membership camping cause you can think of it as a one year trial, if you do not like it, do not renew

If you go for it PM me for my member number and I'll get credit. Or don't.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:41 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Many threads here regarding TT, findable via the search feature. Probably more than you would care to know about TT. (-:
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 06:52 PM   #5

Official iRV2 Sponsor

I think it's safe to say some people "swear by" TT and some "swear at it". We've not found the concept of going where the parks are fits our style of full-timing. We like to decide where we want to go then we find a place to stay. We go to a "place" as a destination, not a park. As someone who administers the RVParksReviews.com website I can tell you that reviews of TT parks are all over the place from exceptionally good to very, very bad. I suggest you do your homework before investing to make sure that it fits your lifestyle.
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:09 PM   #6

Once you do buy into TT, there is an annual maintenance fee that runs around $500 or more, whether you use your membership or not. We investigated buying a plan, but we travel where there are no/very few TT parks nearby. For some folks they are a good deal.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 06:33 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by docj View Post
I think it's safe to say some people "swear by" TT and some "swear at it". We've not found the concept of going where the parks are fits our style of full-timing. We like to decide where we want to go then we find a place to stay. We go to a "place" as a destination, not a park. As someone who administers the RVParksReviews.com website I can tell you that reviews of TT parks are all over the place from exceptionally good to very, very bad. I suggest you do your homework before investing to make sure that it fits your lifestyle.
That link didn't work, I took out the "s" in parks and tried RV Park Reviews - Trusted Reviews of Campgrounds & RV Parks. Looks like a pretty cool site
Old 04-11-2015, 06:55 AM   #8

No personal knowledge of Thousand Trails.

We rarely stay at any campground / RV resort etc without checking www.rvparkreviews.com

We toss any old comments and the primary negative post.
okgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 07:01 AM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Being as I am a lifetime member with TT I am not able to answer your quesions 100%

I know Zone pass members get 30 nights free and 3.00/night after that,, 2 weeks in one out. (You can stay at a TT park every weekend, but be out after 3 nights.. Or you can stay for up to two weeks, Then park elsewhere for a week)

What I do not know is this... I have to pay extra for a 50 amp site, if I want one, I do not know if Zone pass members do or not.

Tags
camping