Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2011, 05:59 AM   #1

Camping this weekend, cape henlopen state park, delaware

Never been there to camp but the park is really cool,..... Got their only available space for a 40 footer that's sunny (powered by solar) you're not allowed generators here and there's no hookups but water,..... I figured we'd do a local trip first to make sure there's no issues before we're far away from home and at least this way we'll see this place before it's crowded in the summer and before the mosquitos get going,...... From what I understand the mosquitos they have there can be heard at night talking (should we eat him here or take him with us?) LOL

Besides if it was over 70 degrees, no way would I go somewhere I can't run a genny and there's no hookups,.... I get way too hot! It's a shame they have that rule and it's at the beach :-/
Matusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2011, 06:20 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Do they allow pets now? I use the ferry quite a bit and since I travel with dogs I have never been able to camp there previously with the dog policy they have. Maybe they changed. It would simplify my life and timing with the ferry if that was the case. It's a nice park and you would think they would, at least, pipe in 20 amp.
Mosquitoes are probably blowing over from South Jersey. I spend a good deal of time in South Jersey and since there are LOADS of marshes you get both green head flies and mosquitoes. They even have a department set up for full time management with mosquito ponds made into the marsh in areas for breeding control.. They use to spray the streets with I believe ddt when I was a kid. Jeeps would go down every street with a fogger spewing the chemical out.
ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:28 AM   #3

Yeah I remember those fogger trucks!

I saw a sign when I was there that you must keep dogs on a 6ft leash,..... They do allow pets in the park but I'm not sure what the policy is for overnight stays,..... But I saw someone walking their dog on the beach before, so maybe?

Check out cape henlopen on reserveamerica.com and it has a link for their rules and regs.
Matusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:36 AM   #4
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Delaware State Park's Pet policy.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:07 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Looks like they changed the policy then. I took a ride into the front of the park area a couple of years back and they didn't allow pets then. Not that I was planning to stay that time as I had reservations.
The cop on duty that day at the ferry walked the dog down the side of the motorhome and tow car. Singled me out. Not sure why, I was irked at that one, if your going to check vehicles for drugs or bombs or whatever the dogs ability was then they should get everyone. There were a couple of young and shady looking characters in a heavily tinted mercedes car too with the big chrome rims and they ignored them. I don't have anything to hide but all the same it was annoying. Maybe because I had all the dogs in the rig and the shades down to keep the heat at a minimum.. who knows.
ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote