Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2012, 06:37 PM   #1

Camping trips for the season

Who's ready for camping!! I have booked a place a month starting with March- Allentown KOA in NewTripoli, Pa / April- W&T in Blakeslee, Pa / May-Hickory Run SP in White Haven,Pa / June- Knoebels in Elysburg,Pa / July- Boondocking at Maple Grove Raceway for Super Chevy in Reading,Pa. Then trying to figure out where to go for Aug, Sept, Oct. any hints / tips on these places would be helpful. Tnx!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Hi 85antique,
Me too, I'm ready and just about set with all my reservations. Not knowing how far you want to travel my suggestions are:

August = the top of Michigan's lower P. Between Traverse City and Mackinaw area. The reason is it is cool up there!

September = come back east on the Canadian side of the lakes. For me, it remain too hot to come south.

October = check the Weather Channel or the Internet to find out where the leaves are changing. Work your way over to where ever that is and follow the leaves back to PA.

Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:30 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
2 weeks in the Smoky's for June

Week and half at Shawnee and Laurel State Parks in PA. July

2 weeks at Clear Creek & Cook Forest State Parks in PA. for Aug.

Now I just have to fill in some weekends

I made these reservations a 2 months ago....

If I would have known that gas was going to be high again I might have spent more time in my home state of Ohio. But screw it.....been wanting to go to the Smoky's for a couple of years now, so whats money....a few extra dollars in the fuel tank....
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Superslif,
When in the Smoky's, where are you going to stay?
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #5

Love the Smokeys. Are you staying in the park? Bring your fly rod!
Old 03-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've already booked 11 weekends for local trips in NJ and PA campgrounds. A week at 7 points in PA, a week in Bison City, NC, and a week at Hickory Run in PA.

I decided to book early and suffer the cancellation fee if I have to just to ensure we send our time in our favorite camp sites in our favorite camp grounds..

I've been to the Smokys as well with my bike at least 8 times. There's no better place to ride a motorcycle then in the mountains
Old 03-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
I've already booked 11 weekends for local trips in NJ and PA campgrounds. A week at 7 points in PA, a week in Bison City, NC, and a week at Hickory Run in PA.
Love Hickory Run. Have a picture of my brother, my sister, and I standing in the boulder field when we were kids. Beautiful place. Thanks for the reminder.

We have three week long trips planned at the moment. In April, we head to Ocean Lakes Campground in Myrtle Beach, SC. For an extended Memorial Day, we are heading to Clifty Falls State Park in Madison, IN. For the week of the 4th, we are heading up to Huron, OH. We will do a week sometime in August at a PA park. Might just be Hickory Run, although the Ohiopyle area is more likely at this time because we have friends in the area.

TheRVManiac is offline   Reply With Quote