Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2006, 02:22 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I just wanted to warn folks to always ask about the campround's cancellatiion policy and document the conversation. Keep your notes!!! I always do this. So maybe I will get my money back. Here is the story.

Bill and I have major water damage to the house and have to stay home this winter to see that all of the repairs are made etc. We had reserved 35 nights Jan-Feb 2007 at Pueblo El Mirage RV Resort, El Mirage, AZ. A suburb of Phoenix close to Glendale AZ. This is a Roberts Resort. At the time of reservations I asked about the cancellation policy and was told that it would be one night's camping fee. That sounded reasonable so I made the reservation and sent in a $150.00 deposit. Now they want to issue a letter of credit for the deposit money. I objected and the issue is going to upper management.

Here is the kicker. NONE of their literature addressed a cancellation policy. It is not posted on the rates sheet nor in any of the slick marketing brochures nor was it stated on the confirmation receipt. Seems like a poor business practice to remain mute on a subject that every customer needs to know when planning so far in advance. Be careful and watch out for Roberts Resorts.

ncason is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2006, 02:22 PM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I just wanted to warn folks to always ask about the campround's cancellatiion policy and document the conversation. Keep your notes!!! I always do this. So maybe I will get my money back. Here is the story.

Bill and I have major water damage to the house and have to stay home this winter to see that all of the repairs are made etc. We had reserved 35 nights Jan-Feb 2007 at Pueblo El Mirage RV Resort, El Mirage, AZ. A suburb of Phoenix close to Glendale AZ. This is a Roberts Resort. At the time of reservations I asked about the cancellation policy and was told that it would be one night's camping fee. That sounded reasonable so I made the reservation and sent in a $150.00 deposit. Now they want to issue a letter of credit for the deposit money. I objected and the issue is going to upper management.

Here is the kicker. NONE of their literature addressed a cancellation policy. It is not posted on the rates sheet nor in any of the slick marketing brochures nor was it stated on the confirmation receipt. Seems like a poor business practice to remain mute on a subject that every customer needs to know when planning so far in advance. Be careful and watch out for Roberts Resorts.

Old 12-27-2006, 03:11 AM   #3

Sounds like another case of buyer beware. We lost $150 because we also have to stay home.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:54 PM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I was persistant and finally got to talk to the manager. I received a full refund.
The manager had cancellation prior to arrival and early departure confused as being the same thing. I wonder if the "new forms" will be more specific? We will see
Old 12-30-2006, 04:57 AM   #5

Persistance paid off! Good for you!
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 10:30 AM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
You may not of had this option, but there is more recourse you could take if you had used a credit card. I have only had to dispute about 3 charges in my experiences but each was resolved to my favor.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:35 PM   #7

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
I have been lucky , I always get refund.Be very professional and it always work for your me.