Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2005, 05:00 PM   #1

Recently stayed at Adventure Bound Camping in North Truro, Ma (formerly called North Truro Campground) our site was not very large if we put our slide out then we could not put or awning out and vice versa - but if we would have had a different site I think our impression of this campground would have been different. The bathrooms were clean and even though they had pay showers (which I am not use to - but I have seen alot of them lately) the showers were clean and the water lasted a long time. Our site did not have sewage hook-ups they were all booked when we registered. So we used the restroom for bathing to save our holding tank from filling too soon. A shuttle stopped in front of the campground to take you up to "P" town - Provincetown. Provincetown is like a Zoo - and this is no exaggeration - people all over and so rude they do not move out of the street they just walk out in front of cars and hog the streets - also the people on bikes too, do that alot - they will not move over an inch if a car is coming. I wonder if anyone ever gets hit there? We were there over the 4th of July so maybe that is why the place was crawling with people.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2005, 05:00 PM   #2

Recently stayed at Adventure Bound Camping in North Truro, Ma (formerly called North Truro Campground) our site was not very large if we put our slide out then we could not put or awning out and vice versa - but if we would have had a different site I think our impression of this campground would have been different. The bathrooms were clean and even though they had pay showers (which I am not use to - but I have seen alot of them lately) the showers were clean and the water lasted a long time. Our site did not have sewage hook-ups they were all booked when we registered. So we used the restroom for bathing to save our holding tank from filling too soon. A shuttle stopped in front of the campground to take you up to "P" town - Provincetown. Provincetown is like a Zoo - and this is no exaggeration - people all over and so rude they do not move out of the street they just walk out in front of cars and hog the streets - also the people on bikes too, do that alot - they will not move over an inch if a car is coming. I wonder if anyone ever gets hit there? We were there over the 4th of July so maybe that is why the place was crawling with people.

Old 08-30-2005, 02:31 PM   #3

I can second the information on the campground and the situation in Provincetown. This town is not for families with children! I speak with the knowledge gained by living in Eastham MA which is on the cape and about 20 minutes from both the campground and Provincetown. I would recommend a campground right in Provincetown called "Coastal Acres Camping Court" It is on a back street about a five minute walk from the town pier. It is just a short bicycle ride to the Race Point Cape Cod National Seashore. That is the place to visit when going to the Cape! I have stayed in the campground myself prior to moving to the Cape and stayed there just last year. Nice place.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:39 AM   #4

Last time I was there was mid to late September and crowds were gone. It was rather quiet and few people about and the weather was great. That is one reason we like RVing in the off season, but we do not always have that choice. It is a beautiful area.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:19 AM   #5

We went to the Cape last July. Glad I saw it once, cause I'll never be back again. We stayed about 25 miles south of Provincetown in Fleetwell. The intire Cape is too crowded, too many cars, too Expensive, and people are just too rude! Who needs that??

2007 GMC Duramax/Allison 6 spd SLT Crew
brad03ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 05:39 AM   #6

Try living here! I believe the Cape is WAY over rated and it is true that it is over crowded in the summer months. However, it is great once all the summer people leave. Something to consider is the upper cape and areas just before the cape i.e. Rochester, Middleboro, Carver, Plymouth. All offer great CGs and are within driving distance to the cape. In fact, you could get to Provincetown from Plymouth in one hour and that is the furthest point on the Cape. I do agree with previous post, it is not a place for chidren. And as far as New England is concerned, we spend most of our time off Cape visiting NH, CT, RI and western MA. We leave on Friday for NH apple picking and fall foliage viewing. Looks like its going to be a great weekend! Last weekend in the LAyton before hybernation!!!