Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2011, 03:46 PM   #1

Cape Cod Summer Camping w/ 5ver 38ft

looking for a place to camp with my 5ver for 2 - 4 weeks on the cape. Never been there, would like to give it a try. need 50 amp service, has 4 slides and is 38ft. We have bikes that we ride, so bike paths would be nice. doesn't ha I have to be the top of the line campground, but I still like amenities and services that are reasonable. j
Just wondering if I could get some ideas. We travel all over the country during the summer, and were looking to hit the area around June 20th. thanks for your assistance in advance
32coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2011, 09:16 PM   #2

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi - June 20th is just after school gets out in Massachusetts (Wedn. 17th for us) - and then people start flocking to the cape. There's some campgrounds near Nickerson State Forest, which has the cape cod bike path right through it - Would you need full hookups also? Scusset Beach is right on the cape cod canal, but I don't think it has sewer on site. But it is a nice place.
Purplefans & Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:10 PM   #3

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
whoops, not sure if Scusset has 50 amp service. We stayed at Sweetwater Farm last summer, it was an OK place, near the bike path but not right on it. The sites were wooded, not super large. It was near chatham, but not on the ocean. Have you been to the truro area? Right up at the top by P-town?
Purplefans & Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:28 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Make sure that you stop and have lunch at Arnolds! It's in Eastham, MA.
·
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32coach View Post
looking for a place to camp with my 5ver for 2 - 4 weeks on the cape. Never been there, would like to give it a try. need 50 amp service, has 4 slides and is 38ft. We have bikes that we ride, so bike paths would be nice. doesn't ha I have to be the top of the line campground, but I still like amenities and services that are reasonable. j
Just wondering if I could get some ideas. We travel all over the country during the summer, and were looking to hit the area around June 20th. thanks for your assistance in advance
Adventure Bound Camping Resort in North Truro. Bus stops right at the gate takes you to Provincetown Harbor. With discount was $1 per ride.

Our space was up front and a bit snug but we weren't there for the campground.

Arnolds in Eastham is good for a crab-shack, though it was better in the 90s. A surprise item is fried Lobster - meat from Lobsters that lost a claw are broken down for either Lobster salad rolls or fried.

Ask at your campground = there are some really excellent restaurants on the Cape.

Not sure why you would need 50 amps. ONe of those 50-30 dogbones in the picture above is ours... Evenings are cool and we never used A/C at night in late July. Open windows and get that nice salt-water breeze.
UltraKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:24 AM   #6

We are also looking on visiting Cape Cod, although from having neighbors that lived in Massachusetts we are going to wait until September. From what they tell me the traffic is unbelievable during the summer months.
I have also looked into campgrounds. I hear mixed reviews form Bourne Scenic Park, but they might have the electric hookups that you are looking for, don't think they have sewer.

Good luck with your search and keep us posted on your findings.
Bug512 is offline   Reply With Quote