Casey's Socorro RV Park, Soccoro, NM
I would have given it three stars, but you don't get much for your money here. I consider this to be a low three star park at four star rates.
- One (1) bathroom with shower.
- No amenities other than maybe a picnic table near your site. No laundry, pet run, etc.
- RVs are parked two right next to each other as that is how the water and electric is placed. Some spaces are set up so that the room to pull in or our might be reduced due to someone parked lengthwise in front of you.
- There are quite a few folks here that seem to be long-term renters, and some of them make a little noise later at night from time to time, and traffic levels in the park are higher and noisier than many other places I've stayed.
- Most sites are water and electric only. If you are paying to stay at any site, the dump is free, but not convenient especially for the rates charged.
- The office is not staffed every day. I was going to stay another day, but no one was in the office to accept my payment.
Upside (there has to be at least one!)
- There were plenty of spaces to choose from when I arrived, and there is still plenty of space available now (check the date I am writing this review)
- Electricity is not metered. Hello A/C and electric heat! Saves my propane for the next leg of my journey.
- Close to the freeway, but very little freeway noise. It has a slightly busy road next to it, but the noise from it isn't bad IMO.
- Some sites have trees that are nice to sit under on the provided picnic tables. The picnic tables can be moved by two healthy people so that if you don't have one but a vacant site nearby does, jsut go grab it.
- Groceries, fuel, propane, 24/7 restaurant, WalMart, etc., right down the street.
ORV 19B Full Timer, '14 Ram 2500 Diesel and a GSD. This signature updated, August 13, '16.
Currently working in Idaho Falls ID de K7NOL 146.52Mhz Safety? (CLICK ME!)