Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2010, 07:12 PM   #1
KIX

CG help in Austin, TX

We're planning on being in Austin, TX or at least daily driving distance from the North Austin area for the week before Christmas. We're looking for a camp ground. The rig is a 40' motorhome. I would like to be away from the major highways and railroad tracks. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2010, 07:26 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Although it's in South Austin, you might look at Austin Lone Star RV Resort. They have quite a few sites that are "big rig" friendly. They have full hook ups, including wifi and cable, if you need it. We have stayed there often. Not sure what is in the North Austin area.

Phillip
Newmarboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:40 PM   #3
KIX

Thanks Newmar Boy. I saw that one listed and found it on a map. Is it pretty near (noise-wise) I-35?
My daughter lives just a little South of Round Rock so was hoping to find someplace up that way that would be quiet. No luck yet.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:23 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Maybe Madame Boomer will see this post...she has a wealth of knowledge on the Austin area campgrounds. If you don't get a response from her send her a pm.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:14 AM   #5

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Kix,

I stayed at Old Settlers RV Park in Round Rock for a few months last year,while working in the area. It's the first exit north of Austin and is located across from the Dell Diamond ball field.

Its a small park with about 30 sites, and 40' plus toad are no problem. On my departure I posted a review on RV Park Reviews and noticed one of the reviews complained about the trains.

In my 3 month stay I never heard a train, but we had 62 days in a row over 100 degrees, so the AC was on most of the time.

It is about 10 minutes from North Austin, and worth checking out.

Paul
pkendzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:20 PM   #6

If you can get your sis to find out the name of the rv park in Leander, it might fit your bill. It is an older park, no amenities, cheap and off the beaten track, but is real close to Round Rock.
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:32 PM   #7
KIX

Thanks for the suggestions Elkhart
Old Settler's would have been a great location but I was scared off by the proximity to the RR tracks AND the review.
The only place I can find in Leander WAS Sunshine and is now KOA.

Anyone know anything about Oak Forest??

Thanks guys
Old 10-13-2010, 06:16 AM   #8

ill second lone star stayed there many times my sister full timed there noise wasnt a problen if worried get a spot in back of the park. if i was going south a little then stone creek in swarts
dave
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:54 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Smile Austin area park

There's a new park located near Lake Travis called La Hacienda RV Park. We've driven through the park and it looks like a great place. We're attending a rally there the end of this month and will report back on how quiet it is. Check it out in the 2010 Trailer Life Directory, page 1287.
Gordon66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:56 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon66 View Post
There's a new park located near Lake Travis called La Hacienda RV Park. We've driven through the park and it looks like a great place. We're attending a rally there the end of this month and will report back on how quiet it is. Check it out in the 2010 Trailer Life Directory, page 1287.
We stayed there a couple of years ago... very nice!

Eh!
geeksrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:28 PM   #11

ill have to try that i do 2 weeks a year down there on the spillway on lake bucannan big chief rv fishing is great also do the vanishing river cruise
dave
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:23 PM   #12

You might look at Eastview R V Park in Georgetown, just a conversation away from Round Rock.
hnybare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:40 PM   #13
KIX

Well, we made a res at Oak Forest in Austin. Sure do hope it's not a mistake.. We'll see. thanks for everyone's suggestions
Old 09-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #14

Damon Owners Club
Two parks come to mind. There is a COE park on Lake Georgetown that is quiet with large sites, but only water and elec. The only problem you might encounter is that they close the gates at 10PM and no one is able to get back in after that time.

The other park is in Jonestown, "A Mountaintop RV Park". It sits high on a hill overlooking lake Travis and is very quiet. The only problem is that the road into the park is dirt, which tends to coat your toad. We have stayed there many times and the owners are wonderful folks.
howdja is offline   Reply With Quote