Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:07 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post

I picked up the Wrong Quote!
I knew there were two, and mistook your "ditto" for the first...

Here's the post I meant to include:

I'm really sorry, Dennis...

Thanks and no problem, I overreacted. My apologies to you as well.

US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
2009 Safari Cheetah 40 SKQ
2009 Winnebago Chalet 231CR
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2011, 07:32 PM   #30
Thor Owners Club
A fenced dog run...and price..If we are stopping for the night, Trace and I don't drive into the wee hours, WiFi and a dog area...We do not ever stop at Walmart, our choice. Peace...D

Dickson and Tracy
2016 Thor Windsport 31S
2015 Fusion Titanium Hybrid
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:53 PM   #31
Not a lot of room for a dog run at this time unless you walk to the other end of the property 40 acres.
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:20 AM   #32
Another angle for me the lowly campground owner.

Last night a major storm and power went out about 3:30 AM it's 6 and it's still out and expect to be out most of the day the storm was that bad.

We have city water but the bathhouse has electric water heaters the campground has about 40 campers staying because they are temp workers at the local nuke plants.

I figure if they are like me they have enough juce to get through part of the day. I'm going home when it gets light to make sure there's no damage even though I drove through this morning.

Any thoughts or suggestions. I have a large generator but can't help everybody but might plug in the bath house water heaters later. Propane compani is a block away and we have water

Old 09-30-2011, 05:34 AM   #33
Freightliner Owners Club
You should be proactive in this situation:

1. Get the genset hooked up to the bathroom hot water heaters so everyone has access to a hot shower.
2. Find out the latest from the power company.
3. Type up a hand out with the latest information and your plan to make warm showers available
4. Give the hand out to each one of your campers
5. Maybe buy some inexpensive pasta and sauce and give a free spaghetti dinner tonight to keep everyone from grumbling about the lack of power

Good luck!
Tom and Katharine
'07 Winnebago Tour 40TD, 400hp Cummins
RVing for 19 years & 150,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:19 AM   #34
Most of the people are at work and I've bought ice. The power will be off for another 4-5 hours it soundas like.

My generator isn't big enough to run our water heaters even 1 is 9000 watts and we have 3

Type?? I have a typerator in the museum but ???

Have a whiteboard on a stand in the driveway with info

Was thinking pizza for all many will just go home if they know the power is coming back on soon.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:52 AM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Well, first off, you can't please everyone. I think if you have clean facilities, fair price, and friendly service that's a good start. If people know you are trying to upgrade as you go, most would be understanding. You are probably on a budget like everyone else and you still need to make a living. I would stay at your CG over Walmart any day. Good luck with your venture.

Brenda and Frank, FTers, Zebulon, NC
Raisin our mixed hound and our cat BooBoo.
2004 37' Holiday Rambler Vacationer
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote