Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2007, 02:23 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
A trend developed during our Summer trip. I wonder if others see this too. This is a list of some continuing pervasive CG problems, that I seem to encounter quite a bit.

1. Trim trees and shrubrey. While the road may be X feet wide, the trees and shrubery has narrowed it considerable. Pleasent for viewing, lousy for manuvering.

2. Make turns wider. There is a lot of space that pretty plants take that we could use for manuvering.

3. If your pull throughs will not accomodate a coach and toad, tell me at the time of reservation. Pull throughs are important so the towed vehicle can stay hooked up or be hooked up the night before morning checkout.

4. Stop the add on charges for kids and 50 AMP service.

5. Level your sites. My jacks got a real workout on this trip. There is no excuse for sites so unlevel that wheels come off the gound.

6. A gravel site means more stones than dirt.

7. Deliver what is reserved. You said you had what I wanted. Okay, where's the beef?

8. It is not my fault something is wrong with the site you assigned me. I am the messenger that the electric is not working.

9. WIFI, do it right or don't do it. And stop training your staff to act like a deer in headlights. When there is a WIFI complaint, they should know the process to follow, just like any other CG ammenity.

10. A paved site needs to be for people too. Having pavement just for the coach tires and jack pads doesn't count.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2007, 02:34 PM   #2
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GaryKD:
A trend developed during our Summer trip. I wonder if others see this too. This is a list of some continuing pervasive CG problems, that I seem to encounter quite a bit.

1. Trim trees and shrubrey. While the road may be X feet wide, the trees and shrubery has narrowed it considerable. Pleasent for viewing, lousy for manuvering.

2. Make turns wider. There is a lot of space that pretty plants take that we could use for manuvering.

3. If your pull throughs will not accomodate a coach and toad, tell me at the time of reservation. Pull throughs are important so the towed vehicle can stay hooked up or be hooked up the night before morning checkout.

4. Stop the add on charges for kids and 50 AMP service.

5. Level your sites. My jacks got a real workout on this trip. There is no excuse for sites so unlevel that wheels come off the gound.

6. A gravel site means more stones than dirt.

7. Deliver what is reserved. You said you had what I wanted. Okay, where's the beef?

8. It is not my fault something is wrong with the site you assigned me. I am the messenger that the electric is not working.

9. WIFI, do it right or don't do it. And stop training your staff to act like a deer in headlights. When there is a WIFI complaint, they should know the process to follow, just like any other CG ammenity.

10. A paved site needs to be for people too. Having pavement just for the coach tires and jack pads doesn't count. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said. Accountability seems to be unheard of not only in some CG's but the RV industry as a whole!!!!!
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:08 PM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
All excellent points.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:02 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Amen to that!!!
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:38 AM   #5

GaryKD...you are SO RIGHT.

Glad we are not the only ones scratching our heads and saying: "What are they thinking?"

2007 Fleetwood Southwind 32V w/Ford V10
Bludog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:44 PM   #6

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
A high five to you GaryKD. You have hit the nail on the head.
MtManLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:46 PM   #7

Gary, these places you desire are widely available. They are called RV resorts. I visited a friend staying in one a few winters ago in Florida. The monthly fee was (I think) $1,800. I would much rather have the conditions you reject and spend around $500 a month.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:36 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Ray,IN
We have a different view. The items mentioned in my OP are basic customer courtesy. These are items, regardless of price charged, a business needs to pay attention to.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:40 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Gary, HERE HERE I'll drink to that !
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:53 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
G'Morning From AZ: So, is there some Campground Owners Association where our concerns might more effectively impact the owner/hosts of poorly kept RV campgrounds??? A few owner/hosts might monitor this iRV2 Forum, but it's likely those who NEED to hear these points don't bother to seek such input from customers. How might we more effectively communicate with such folks?? Any ideas?? Steve & Lynette
Old 02-17-2008, 06:29 AM   #11

Gary agree 100%.
Ray I think Gary is saying that If you,as a CG owner advertise,and are charging me for,WIFI,Level lot,Gravel, Not Mud a properly working power pedestal,Big Rig access etc. Then that is what I am expecting when I arrive!!!

Rick
Old 02-17-2008, 08:48 AM   #12

Chickadee, you might try talking to a POST-you will probably have as much luck. Note for example, Gary laid out a well thought out list of issues and the ONLY responses he received is from fellow users and not one response from the providers.

What tends to work best is when we users speak our mind via sites such as this and others. If you have a good experience say so, so those of us travelling in that area can also avail ourselves of a good or great campground. Conversely, when I have a bad experience I am not hesitant to say so and identify the campground that only talks the talk via advertising and does not even understand walk the walk by truly accomodating customer.

BTW, if the campground has an e-mail address I always copy them whether it is positive or negative. Ken,'04 DSDP...
Ken Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:33 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ray,IN:
Gary, these places you desire are widely available. They are called RV resorts. I visited a friend staying in one a few winters ago in Florida. The monthly fee was (I think) $1,800. I would much rather have the conditions you reject and spend around $500 a month. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ray, I've come to discover the term resort is poorly used. In the last month and a half we have stayed at numerous "resorts" only 2 or 3 would truly deserve the name. So whats up? They stick resort on their name and over charge. It's happened in Orlando and Tampa most recently.
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:38 AM   #14
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
There seems to be very little truth in advertising with some campgrounds.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote