Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2018, 12:39 PM   #1

CG with No Refund Policy

I just (AUG 11) had to cancel a reservation for 9 days in OCT. When I called, the weenie said no refund. He offered to let me reschedule any time during the next year. It made me mad, but it was my fault that I had not read the policy before making a reservation. FWIW, I would have still made the reservation (small town, few options, important trip). It seems like an unusual policy. What is the wisdom of the list?
andy29847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2018, 12:43 PM   #2

That policy sucks... It seems to me they are money hungry without a cancellation policy that is reasonable. Post who they are so others will know to avoid them ...
tanman32225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 01:03 PM   #3

Can the reservation be give to someone else?

In other words post here location & dates maybe somone can use then send OP cash or to charity of choice?
KenZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 01:08 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
I've been to some with the same policy, though they made it quite clear when I made the reservation. NO refunds, but they will be happy to reschedule without any additional fee.
Old 08-12-2018, 01:11 PM   #5

That does suck , but with that being said , that camp owner held your space for you, they may have turned down other reservations while holding your spot, now you canceled and maybe can’t fill the site for a few days , now there out money. I think as long as a camp owner can fill that site for the same dates , you should get your deposit back
gbstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 01:17 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I don't know where you made your reservations, but most any park west of the Mississippi now have Fall Festival/Halloween weeks/weekends & have no refund policies for that time of year. Used to be, parks were mostly vacant after school started & you only had to worry about no refunds on holiday weekends (Memorial/July 4th/Labor days) or local special event times, but they've found a way to extend their season with these themed activity months.

Dime to a dollar they will have another who will take your cancellation, but with the parks booking up months in advance for that month in particular, they won't take a chance on losing out on not having that site rented so they have these policies now.

Yep, you sure have to read the fine print.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 03:01 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
For years I have encountered no refund at all the CGs I have gone to. They will reschedule, but no refund. This has gone on for so long I thought it was industry wide. Unless I am positive I will use the reservation, I do not reserve until the last minute. Unless it is a holiday it almost always is okay to do. Between Memorial and Labor Day it can be more difficult. I am fortunate I can travel outside this timeframe.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 03:12 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What about a campground with a no refund policy that sends you an email advertisement that they have lowered their rates for when you are scheduled to be there. I called to see if I could get the lower rate and they refused to lower my rate since I had already made the reservation.
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 03:38 PM   #9

What Campground? Give us a heads up.
Old 08-12-2018, 04:04 PM   #10

Payson Campground and RV Resort.

https://www.paysoncampground.com/rates.html
andy29847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 04:13 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy29847 View Post
I just (AUG 11) had to cancel a reservation for 9 days in OCT. When I called, the weenie said no refund. He offered to let me reschedule any time during the next year. It made me mad, but it was my fault that I had not read the policy before making a reservation. FWIW, I would have still made the reservation (small town, few options, important trip). It seems like an unusual policy. What is the wisdom of the list?
Screw his stupid policy, and so what if you didnt read it. Common sense if you did not receive the product you paid for, then call your credit card company and dispute with them.

You are giving him plenty of time so someone else can book that site.

By the looks of the place, you can tell it was a former KOA so the new owner continues the crappy service that KOA does.
Old 08-12-2018, 04:19 PM   #12

I guess you missed this under Rules and Regulations on their website.

PLEASE READ REFUND POLICY:
NO REFUNDS-CREDITS MAY BE GIVEN, AND MUST BE USED WITHIN ONE YEAR OF RESERVATION. NO CREDITS ALLOWED ON HOLIDAYS.
Rates subject to change without notice.]
Old 08-12-2018, 04:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7365 View Post
Screw his stupid policy, and so what if you didnt read it. Common sense if you did not receive the product you paid for, then call your credit card company and dispute with them.

You are giving him plenty of time so someone else can book that site.

By the looks of the place, you can tell it was a former KOA so the new owner continues the crappy service that KOA does.
Your credit card bank will eventually side with the merchant (CG) if the policy is stated in anything you "agreed to" by clicking on or submitting the final reservation request.

Likewise, if the merchant can show that the policy is stated on the advertising materials or in the confirmation they sent you, you're out of luck.

Like most laws, regulations and rules these came about due to bad actors taking advantage of more lenient policies. We get the short end of the stick because a few jerks before us didn't act honorably.
Solo_RV_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 06:33 PM   #14

We're currently in a state park for 2 weeks (Not a COE senior pass park, so we're paying full price - $28 a day average). The site we are in is just a big mudhole outside our front door. We would move, but there aren't any other sites that we fit in that are any better. We would leave, but this state park also has a no refund rule after your check in day. So, since we paid for 2 weeks, we just can't afford to walk away and lose our prepaid reservation fee. It looked like a great site from the photos, but then it rained. Sometimes you gamble and win, and sometimes you lose.