Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2015, 07:16 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
CG's around Indianapolis

We will be passing thru the area on our way to Rend lake. We will be coming down Rt. 69 and then Rt. 70 west. I have checked the internet and didn't find much. Any suggestions. All we need is clean , safe and close to the interstate, it will be a one night stop and back on the road again. Thanks

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2015, 08:04 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Campground near Indy
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 05:34 AM   #3

Pepper2:

Not a lot to choose from in Indy which is surprising. We stayed at Lake Haven Retreat. It's on the south side of town off the 465 loop. Some sites are less level than others. Another weird thing is that two RVs will share a water faucet which can affect pressure. If its only for one night then you shouldn't have a problem. We stayed there a month, only because we had friends in the area we were visiting.
Lanny1763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:39 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Pepper 2

Not much to choose from around Indy. Depends on your time of day and when you want to stop I guess. If you are not adverse to getting off the Interstate there is a nice little county park near Cicero,In just off In-37. You could slide over to In-37 from I-69 using In-26 or In-28 go south on In-37 to the White River Campground which is just north of Noblesville This is not a bad detour off I-69 I have traveled it many times.It is a very nice park right on the White River.Then leaving the CG on In-37 you would join up with I-69 again after a little local traffic around Noblesville and Fishers,In.go onto I-465 and you can continue around the southside of Indpls on I-465 and once again there is a campground right off the exit for In-37 named Lake Haven. It is easy access and there are fuel stops at that exit also.I would estimate these two about an hour apart depending on the time of day you get to Indpls area.This exit would get you back onto westbound I-70 really quick.
There is a KOA on I-70 east of I-465 but it would be out of you way and expensive.We have friends from Michigan that use this KOA but they just refuse to use any roads but Interstates.
Dakrism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 12:25 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks Triker, Lanny1763 and Dakrism! Sounds like Lake Haven will fit our needs.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote