Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
CG's in New Orleans

I'm looking for idea's for a nice campground in New Orleans. We'd like to be fairly close to the city. Looked at Jude Travel Park online but that really doesn't tell me much. But that is to give you an idea of the area we'd like to stay.

2017 Solitude by Grand Design
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
K-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Last year we spent several days at The French Quarter RV Resort. Very nice and walking distance to the French Quarter. Not cheap but very nice and I believe it's Passport America.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:11 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rick - Thanks. I looked at that one too. But at nearly 500/week (we plan on being there for 3 weeks) it would be a bit pricey.

2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
Old 09-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #4

A couple of years ago we stayed at the French Quarter RV Park. It is a real nice park, super clean and well within walking distance to the French Quarter, but--bring your ear plugs--because it is RIGHT next to I-10. Much traffic noise.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:29 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
We have stayed a the French Quater RV Park several times and really like it but it is pricy. We had no problem with the noise from I-10 except last January... next to the RV Park is a public park that was being used by a marching band to practice for the big parade... They were there from about the time school was out until just after sundown!!

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:04 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have stayed at French 1/4 x 3. Nice place but it IS pricey. Now we are looking for something in a more rural part of the state for a "traditional" Mardi Gras.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:15 PM   #7

If you are not a member of Passport America and were planning on staying at the French Quarter RV Resort it would be a good time to spend the $44 for a PA membership. It would almost pay for itself the first night at 50% off the normal rate.
Safe Travels
Bob
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Star View Post
I'm looking for idea's for a nice campground in New Orleans. We'd like to be fairly close to the city. Looked at Jude Travel Park online but that really doesn't tell me much. But that is to give you an idea of the area we'd like to stay.
Look at Post titled near New Orleans dated 09/20/2011
Old 09-28-2011, 01:28 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog View Post
If you are not a member of Passport America and were planning on staying at the French Quarter RV Resort it would be a good time to spend the $44 for a PA membership. It would almost pay for itself the first night at 50% off the normal rate.
I looked a the PA site and checkout the campgrounds. According to the listing for the French Quarter RV Park info, the PA discount is only good for 1 night per stay. I guess that one night would pay for the membership, but still a pricey stay.

2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
Old 09-28-2011, 04:47 PM   #10

One night wouldn't work for me either. I looked again and this one: www.pontchartrainlanding.com might work. The Passport Amercia rate of $33 is good for seven nights. They say they have a shuttle to the French Quarter. The website makes them look pretty nice (but don't they all sell themselves nicely on a website?) There are comments on this one in RV park reviews about this park.
Safe Travels
Bob
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:19 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
The website makes them look pretty nice (but don't they all sell themselves nicely on a website?)
Yes they do. I am the CG photographer for the CG we stay at during the summer months. While it really is a nice CG, the photos I took were sent to the WEB Developer and with the help of Photo Shop, the pictures came out even nicer.

Thanks for all of the input. I have time to research so I will do just that.

2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
Old 10-04-2011, 12:24 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We stay at Lakeside RV park in Livingston LA. Its about 50 miles or so north of N.O. near Baton Rouge. It's very nice a reasonable check out their web site, lakeside-rvpark.com
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:29 PM   #13

Quote:
One night wouldn't work for me either. I looked again and this one: www.pontchartrainlanding.com might work. The Passport Amercia rate of $33 is good for seven nights. They say they have a shuttle to the French Quarter. The website makes them look pretty nice (but don't they all sell themselves nicely on a website?) There are comments on this one in RV park reviews about this park.
Safe Travels
Bob
We are here now. When you get to the main road here it's an industrial type location on a canal ( got a little worried) but the CG is very nice. They have a pool, hot tub, bar and nice landscaping. Very friendly people and a trolley to the quarter. Well worth the $33.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:42 PM   #14

We also stayed at Ponchartrain Landing and it was great! Far away from freeways, bad areas and a great shuttle to the French Quarter. The pool & bar were really nice. Inside roads are gravel, yea, the scenery ain't great but a really good choice and easy access for big rigs.

missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote