Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2014, 09:24 PM   #1

CGs near Morro Bay/ SLO for Thanksgiving?

Hi All,

I'm trying to reserve a nice CG near Morro Bay/ San Luis Obspo/ Atascadero area to see friends during Thanksgiving. The zips I was told to search near are 93442 and 93405. Any suggestions?

My Good Sam's guide is at my RV back in Florence OR. I'm in TX this week getting surgery so trying to work on our TG planning.

Thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2014, 09:07 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Yoders2Go
These links ought to help:
http://www.goodsamcamping.com/travel...o+Bay&state=CA

Morro Bay (California ) - Campground Reviews - RV Park Reviews
+
Yoders2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 05:36 PM   #3

Be prepared though...this is a tough weekend for that area. It's extremely popular; if I were to bet Morro Bay RV Park and Morro Dunes RV Park right there at the end of Hwy 41/Atascadero Rd. will be your best bet..

Steve
Old 10-19-2014, 10:53 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
Be prepared though...this is a tough weekend for that area. It's extremely popular; if I were to bet Morro Bay RV Park and Morro Dunes RV Park right there at the end of Hwy 41/Atascadero Rd. will be your best bet..

Steve
Thx Steve. I think I found a drycamping spot but I may just bail on MB plans. I'm not much of a crowds guy.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:16 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post

Steve
Spent a week at Morro Strand RV earlier this month. Of the two parks at the end of 41 I would highly recommend this one over Morro Dunes. It is a couple of bucks more per night and a block further from the beach but much nicer.

We walked through Morro Dunes, the RVs were packed in like sardines, toads crammed in sideways, slides of adjacent coaches within feet of each other in some places, many of the pads were nowhere near level (saw lots and lots of blocks under wheels), dogs barking, yadda yadda ya. It struck us as being very "crowded."

Morro Strand OTOH was quite, large spots, dead level and friendly owners on-site, out and about and available most of the day. Had the feeling of being able to spread out and stretch without hitting your neighbor in the noggin
Old 10-22-2014, 05:11 PM   #6

One of my favorite places is just up the coast from Morro Bay - it is San Simeon State Park (just north of Cambria).
Nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyadamn View Post
One of my favorite places is just up the coast from Morro Bay - it is San Simeon State Park (just north of Cambria).

Agreed!! Especially the Wasburn section.
jtludwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 04:12 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
We've stayed at Morro Bay State Park several times. Have driven thru Dunes & Strand & like the State Park much more. FHU's are probably booked for Thanksgiving but have stayed in the dry camping area for a few days & it was very nice. All paved roads & sites with lots of room.

You mentioned Atascadero. Just up the road from there is Paso Robles with 2 nice resorts. Wine Country RV resort & Vines RV Resort, both owned by same company. Have stayed at Wine Country several times & highly recommend it, first class all the way. Will be staying at the Vines for first time in a couple weeks. One obvious drawback to the Vines is location, right on hwy. 101.
Wine Country RV Resort

Some of the best wine in CA is in Paso, & great golf course at Hunter Ranch.
Hunter Ranch Golf Course – Central Coast Golf - San Luis Obispo County – Paso Robles – Wineries
ketelhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 07:39 PM   #9

Yeah, we were looking at that Vines location, but when they say it's right on 101... it really is. It used to be some kind of antique store, IIRC.

Steve
Old 10-26-2014, 09:13 PM   #10

I just decided to boondock it at El Chorro CP. Only way to get a spot.

Lesson learned... plan holiday weekend waaaaaaaaay in advance. I took care of Christmas and New Years week right away so that I don't find myself in that predicament again.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:01 AM   #11

I see that you found a place to stay, but just wanted to add that Paso Robles RV Ranch is another option. It is a bit south of the Vines on Hwy 101, but the park sits on top of a hill, so the highway noise is not a problem. We were there for a couple of wks the end of May & first of June and found it to be very quiet & peaceful. Morro Bay is approx. a 30 min drive from Paso Robles.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
peham is offline   Reply With Quote