Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2013, 07:02 PM   #15

Our priority would be to find a campground where the rv sites are not all right on top of each other either. Spread out amongst a wooded area would be ideal. Just so long as it is located somewhere near I-75 between Chattanooga and Atlanta. Sort of along our pathway back to Florida.

JewelMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2013, 08:43 AM   #16

Cloudland canyon state park?

How about Cloudland Canyon State Park? Is anyone familiar with it and can you get a 42' rig w/toad there?

Old 08-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #17

Great State Park, Google it!!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:23 PM   #18

I'm not sure about campgrounds, but if you can walk well, I HIGHLY recommend touring Ruby Falls. It is breathtaking. Rock City is right down the road and it was awesome too. Chattanooga is great, I love it.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:21 AM   #19

Yes, we are definitely hikers. I had been to Ruby Falls as a kid and I am anxious to go back again. We ended up booking a camp spot at Cloudland State Park. Looks amazingly beautiful. Also looks like some good hiking and trails there as well.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #20

Cloudland Canyon is beautiful. No sewers or wifi.
Raccoon Mountain is very crowded, I think. But that's me.

KOA Lookout Mountain WEST is beautiful and very close to Chattanooga and Lookout Mountain.

Beware of KOA Lookout Mountain SOUTH which is right off I75 in Ringgold. Not friendly. Read the reviews.

The Holiday Trav-L-Park does get good reviews but I only did a drive thru so I cant comment.

There is a Chester Frost park that is lovely and gets great reviews.

By far, Id check out KOA Lookout Mountain WEST. Its clean, on beautiful Sand Mountain, close to everything, nice pools, a jumping pillow for the kids, clean bathrooms, showers, laundry. The staff is awesome.

We fulltimed there for four months and cried when we had to move.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:15 PM   #21

Thanks for the feedback. We did end up booking Cloudland. We don't need the sewer or wifi, so we should be fine. I'll keep in mind the KOA west next time we are in that vicinity and maybe we'll check it out while there this time. We do need a place for a 1 nighter when we go to Illinois and that is about the half way point, so good to know.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:22 PM   #22

Cloudland is lovely. There is a restaurant there called Canyon Grill. Just a heads up, it is super expensive and the food isn't that good.
Make sure you take the road across Lookout Mountain into Chattanooga. The view is phenomenal. You will be amazed at the absolute shacks up there with views! lol! Id live in a shack with a view but not for a half million dollars!

The KOA is just north of Cloudland Canyon, also in Trenton, Georgia.

I see you are a dog person. My beloved German Shepherd puppy died suddenly while we were at the KOA, and he is now buried there. If you get to the Frisbee field and see Odin's grave, that's my boy. :sniff:
Old 09-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #23

We are definitely dog people. I show and train dogs for conformation. Our two boys (great dane and Labrador retriever) love to travel and it's one of the main reasons we bought an RV so that we could take them along. It makes our trips so much more rewarding and fun.

I will say hello to your GSD's grave if we see it. I am so sorry for your loss.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappy View Post
I see you are a dog person. My beloved German Shepherd puppy died suddenly while we were at the KOA, and he is now buried there. If you get to the Frisbee field and see Odin's grave, that's my boy. :sniff:
We were there this summer twice. We plan to use it again because we really enjoyed the area. I will take the time to visit Odin with my Gunny and Thor. Thor would certainly be an appropriate visitor for Odin.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #25

If you were there over the summer, we were there.......we have a brown fifth wheel.....with, at that time, four dogs. We may have met!
Old 09-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappy View Post
If you were there over the summer, we were there.......we have a brown fifth wheel.....with, at that time, four dogs. We may have met!
We were there on June 28th and then again on July 6th. On the 6th it was rainy and we were in the back in spot next to the kids park.

Agreed, great staff there.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #27

We were just up and across from the grassy area by the pool on same side as the showers. We walked our dogs down to the Frisbee park at night to let the GSD's run and play ball.

Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread.

Its a nice park. Good people.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #28

Scrappy... Sorry to here about Odin!!! He was just a little guy!! We were there the first week of June with our 2 black and silver Shepherds. The Syndney fifth wheel!!