Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2006, 01:02 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Feedback from anyone who has stayed at the Cherry Hill park and can offer insight on their facilities would be greatly appreciated. Also, any info on taking the Metro into DC tourist areas would be very helpfull.

2004 CR-V EX
Geechee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2006, 01:02 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Feedback from anyone who has stayed at the Cherry Hill park and can offer insight on their facilities would be greatly appreciated. Also, any info on taking the Metro into DC tourist areas would be very helpfull.

2004 CR-V EX
Old 09-09-2006, 04:38 PM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
very nice campground. there are shuttles that take you to the Metro station to get downtown. we're thinking about going to DC again in the spring. if we do we will go to Cherry Hill again.
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 06:42 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
K-Star,

Thanks for the feedbak.

Geechee

2004 CR-V EX
Old 09-11-2006, 06:09 AM   #5

Agree with K-Star. Little pricy but worth it.
You can buy bus and train tickets in the office, they will also give you a schedule on which bus to and from and also which trains.
They even offer dog walking service. Never heard of this before. We are talking location with this park. Nice store, friendly, ect.
If we went back to Washington DC, would not even consider some where else. Have a good time!
Old 09-11-2006, 07:11 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks E Z Livin,

We are heading up the end of this month. Where in SC are you living. Your screen name indicates that you have a firm grasp on the SC way of life.

Geechee

2004 CR-V EX
Old 09-11-2006, 09:42 AM   #7

Located in Florence. About 80 miles inland from coast. Not bad location from Mountains or Coast but not only that it is home.
Not many places in downtown DC to have lunch. They are hid away in the office buildings.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:44 AM   #8

Just noticed where you are located. My son is in Mt. Pleasant. Nice area but lots of traffic.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:23 AM   #9

Hi there, just noticed you request. I agree with other fellers. Campground is fine and it certainly is easy and convienent for going down town DC. I've seen that many RVers use it when visiting DC.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:20 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Novi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Hello E Z Livin,

As you can see from my screen name I am a native born Charlestonian. I remember when the only time we went to Mt. P was because it was on the way to the beaches. Then even the beaches where dead except from May to Labor Day. You are right on about the traffic, but now days it's not just Mt. P, but the whole lowcontry. Not sure where all the people are coming from and most importantly where they are working to afford the price of our homes these day. One of the homes I lived in as a kid just sold for +2mil. Fifty years ago it would not have brought 20K and that would have been a lot for a house south of Broad. Heck, thinking back I remember when the reason most people went to Florence was to get new teeth at Sextons Dental Lab. Is it still there?

Geechee

2004 CR-V EX
Old 09-12-2006, 04:41 AM   #11

Geechee, yes Sextons is still here. I notice the other day passing that they finally built a nice new big building. Wonder how many extractions that took? Been there for years.
Land in Low Country is out of site. My son (33 years old) just turned down over 700K for his new house before it was finished. Bought the lot for 107K and I thought he was crazy, three months later bought one two doors down for $180 to build a spec home on and again I thought he was crazy. Well, they are up to $260 now less than a year later. He has his own construction business but mostly commercial construction.
As his Dad, I can tell you at my age I can not afford (or even come close) to what he lives in. I guess the college is doing its thing as he is way to tight to go into much debt.
Charleston is nice, but if I sold my house here (and it is nice), I could not get a shack there.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:13 PM   #12

Cherry Hill is a great campground, bus leaves right from there or you can drive 5 minutes to the metro.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:57 AM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks Dutchman,

Sounds like the place to stay.

Geechee

2004 CR-V EX
Old 10-04-2006, 11:26 AM   #14

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Again thanks for the info. We spent last week at Cherry Hill and was very pleased with our stay. It is a little pricey and the sites are very close together, but I would recommend staying there if you want to visit DC. The access to the bus and Metro service is first class.

2004 CR-V EX