Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2015, 09:25 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menendez View Post
That place is popular with boomers when there's a turnaround going on in a local refinery or powerhouse.

Naperville is white bread Valhalla.
Thanks. Will check this out.

RUFINIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2015, 10:57 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Sounds like a reasonable place for a few days.

jeryan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:40 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
We are attending a Beaver Club rally in August and this is where we are staying;

Paul Wolff Campground
38W235 Big Timber Road
Elgin, IL 60123

Don't know personally but the rallymasters are planning events in downtown Chicago that involve a train trip so must be close by.

2009 Beaver Contessa
2015 Ford Edge SEL
Dakrism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 06:46 PM   #18
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
Paul Wolff was my place to stay when my son lived in the area. A really nice place.
Forest Preserve Property

Water, electric and two dump stations. I understand easy access to train.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:02 PM   #19

We have camped at Indiana Dunes State Park - DNR: Indiana Dunes State Park and taken the train into Chicago (South Shore Line). It takes you right to Millennium Station.

GREGORYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 10:40 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtovo View Post
Leisure Lake is in Plainfield near where I-55 & I-80 interesct, it's a private campground but they will rent sites if it isn't full.
You can drive up to Naperville ( this is a real nice town with many resturants) from there hop on a Metra train to downtown Chicago, it's about a 30 min train ride.
I agree, we've stayed at Leisure Lakes Resort several times while visiting our daughter and family. It's a great place to stay, very quiet, swimming lake and pool, short-term sites available. Use Google maps and their address to see the place. It's about 1 mile from I 55 by driving city streets, but you can see I 55 and I 80 traffic from the resort and not hear any road noise.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 12:33 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to KenandBarbie
I know that this is an old thread. It is one of the advantages of having the search feature in the Forum pages is we can check on previous information. What i have read is really helpful. Thankvyou. We will be in Chicago in May 2016 to see the sights and enjoy what the city has for foreigners from England to see. Is there any update on suggested RV parks near the city now that we are in 2016. Thanks.
Old 03-12-2016, 02:01 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenandBarbie View Post
I know that this is an old thread. It is one of the advantages of having the search feature in the Forum pages is we can check on previous information. What i have read is really helpful. Thankvyou. We will be in Chicago in May 2016 to see the sights and enjoy what the city has for foreigners from England to see. Is there any update on suggested RV parks near the city now that we are in 2016. Thanks.
We were in Chicago in our coach in September 2015. We stayed at the Marshalling Yard at McCormick Place in downtown Chicago. It is a parking lot for truck trailers and it is very close to downtown. No hookups, just a parking lot and they charged us $35 per night. It is a fenced lot, with security at the gate. There are trucks coming and going but it did not bother us.

It was perfect for staying a few nights and being 5 minutes from the Magnificent Mile, if you do not mind dry camping.
RUFINIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:50 PM   #23

We are planning on Indiana Dunes State Park, IN and the Southshore line has a stop right there and taking that into Chicago for the day. It takes you to Millenium Station. Has anyone else stayed there and taken the train in.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:20 PM   #24

I am from the area and camp at the Indiana Dunes State Park regularly and have ridden the South Shore Train to Chicago, the Dunes Park train stop is right at the entrance to the Dunes State Park
If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me!👍