Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2011, 01:40 AM   #1

Class A Campground Suggestions - Simi Valley CA

Hi Folks....

We will be visiting friends in the Simi Valley CA area in early June in our 40' DP with toad. Sure would appreciate any information or suggested CG's in or near that area. I have gone online and read reviews on a couple. This forum is so helpful that I thought I'd ask around here for any additional info from those that may have first-hand experience.

Many thanks in advance!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2011, 02:03 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
As a supplement to IRV2's own section on campgrounds please allow me to recommend RV Park Reviews.

We never go to any campground without having checked the ratings on RV Park Reviews.

Also remember to post your own findings - if people don't submit their views then the website becomes useless very quickly.

I hope that you will find a good spot.

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:29 AM   #3

Geat Dane.....thanks for the info. I will check it out!
Old 04-21-2011, 11:38 AM   #4

Not a whole bunch of choices out here in Los Angeles. The city and county are not really RV friendly, with few campgrounds and lots of traffic. That said:
Travel Village in Valencia is very nice, near Mountain, about 30 to 40 minutes from Simi. Also in the Santa Clarita Valley is Castaic RV.
Out Simi way there is Tapo Canyon County Park. It was refurbished a few years ago, and some campsites were added. I have not visited, but the two lane road will easily accommodate a large MH. Lots of horse country back there.
Further North is Ventura Beach RV park. Again about 30 to 45 minutes from Simi, across the freeway from the ocean, but only about a 1/2 mile walk on a pedestrian/bike path. Nice park. We've stayed there with the grandkids, the turn into the spots can be tight..."watch the trees"...I didn't. But it was my fault and all has been repaired.
Enjoy.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:02 PM   #5

Kalynzoo....GREAT info! Thanks much....I really appreciate it! ....Heap
Old 04-21-2011, 02:13 PM   #6

What is a class A CG??
To me any CG with a full hookup and laundry is all I need. The electric needs to hold at least at 115 volts. When I drive into the grounds I know by looking if I want to stay there.
ralper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:12 AM   #7

ralper....since I posted my thread on the Class A forum, I assumed (a very dangerous word) that most folks would understand that I am looking for reasonably nice RV campgrounds that can accomodate a large "Class A" motorhome pulling a toad. As you undoubtedly know, there are CG's that just can't due to site size and accessibility issues. And there are many State CG's that just won't allow RV's over a certain size. At 57' total length of our "outfit" (like many others operating a Class A coach with toad), there is more to it for us than just driving into the grounds and knowing if I want to stay there. Fact is, we don't even need hook up's if all else fails. Just need a place to park for a couple nights....Walmarts notwithstanding. Hope that better defines Class A CG.

Know any nice RV parks in/near Simi Valley CA? Thanks....
Old 04-22-2011, 03:42 AM   #8

In the SF Valley is Walnut RV Park, in Northridge. More than a few 40' rigs in there and depending upon where in Simi Valley, as close as 20 minutes away.

Steve
Old 04-22-2011, 05:03 AM   #9

Elks
Old 04-22-2011, 10:23 AM   #10

This place is in Simi

Oak Park - more info »
905 Quimisa Drive, Simi Valley, CA
(805) 527-6886

Not sure if you can get in. Been years since I left Simi.
Bagger97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:01 PM   #11

Thanks all for the info....I greatly appeciate it!
Old 04-22-2011, 12:24 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
There is a real nice campground here Home | Casitas Municipal Water District

It's about 50 miles from Simi Valley but folks in So Cal don't think twice about a 50 mile drive.