Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2014, 08:19 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Cleveland for a quickie

Hello everyone,

My wife and I would like to stop by Cleveland, OH for one night, a Sunday, visit the Rock-n-role Hall of Fame early Monday then hit the road again Monday afternoon.

Could you recommend a place to boondock for the one night that we can leave the coach for a few hours on Monday that is safe?

I posted another thread about boondocking in Cleveland and received some responses for staying at a truck stop or Walmart. Would either of these be safe to leave the coach for a few hours?

Thanks,

Stuart
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2014, 11:56 AM   #2

As you mention truck stop or Wal-mart, I would do Wal-Mart in a heart beat, my wife and I do Wal-mart all across the country, I would recommend that you find the manager tell him your reason, most of the time they will tell you the best place to park on their lot over night, good luck, you will enjoy RR hall of fame ... from clydeman 06 cc inspire 2012 Terrain invisa brake.
clydeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:12 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I live 35 minutes east of Cleveland and can't think of a many places I'd leave my coach in the city. Only option I can think of is to call Burke Lakefront Airport (3 minutes away) and see if you can arrange a deal to stay overnight. The parking lot is always 90% empty.

- Jonathon
jonohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:14 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
There is a Walmart about 15 minutes east / southeast of the Rock-hall that is in fairly good area. Here is it's location Walmart

1868 Warrensville Center Rd
South Euclid, OH 44121
216) 382-1657

Or if you want a Wal-mart a little closer to the freeway there is one that is a 25 to 30 minute drive to the Rock-hall but right off the freeway (I-271) due east of the hall. Again not a bad area.

6594 Mayfield Rd
Mayfield Heights, OH 44124
(440) 446-0668

Also take a look at parking at the Port of Cleveland (216-241-8004 ) parking lot located 500 feet to the west of the hall. 95% of the time it is empty. A Google picture will show just a few tour buses. It a 5 minute walk over to the Rock hall.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote