Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:57 AM   #1
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Has anybody have any feedback about the Coast to Coast rv Campground Club
Thanks Sal Avitabile

2005 Fleetwood Bounder 34F
8.1 Vortec Chev, Allison 5 Speed,2006 saturn vue 6Cyl auto Frt wheel dr Toad
sal avitabile is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2007, 07:57 AM   #2
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Has anybody have any feedback about the Coast to Coast rv Campground Club
Thanks Sal Avitabile

2005 Fleetwood Bounder 34F
8.1 Vortec Chev, Allison 5 Speed,2006 saturn vue 6Cyl auto Frt wheel dr Toad
sal avitabile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:48 PM   #3
Hi Sal, I guess I will say they are very expensive. Also you have to pay quarterly dues (at least in our park) It is $85.00. Also there is a "home park" and the others cost $8.00 a night to stay. Yes that is cheap, but.....the park in Myrtle Beach caters to "their people" first. In other words, you might not get in because they save spaces for their people. It is like that in lots of prime campgrounds...beaches etc. If you camp alot or are traveling around the country yes they are worth it, but we never felt it was for us. Of course they make it all sound so neat...how could you say no. You can go to the Coast to Coast website and see what campgrounds they have. If you want a homepark in PA let me know!
Sue <><

DH (Larry) <><
Allegro Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 04:04 AM   #4
Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi Sal,

Like everything in life there is good and bad, and you will find lots of folks who love it and others who hate it!

Now for our story!! We bought into to Coast to Coast in 1991,when we got our pop-up! We bought into Wanderwood Resort in NY State. From 1991 thru 2003 we enjoyed it alot, even used some of there other resorts when we traveled. In 2001 it was bought out by a nasty S.O.B. it is now called Catskill Mountain Ranch. He fought with a lot of the seasonal's that were there, as well as us Coast to Coast folks. Now I have no problem with someone comming in and changing things,but don't come in talk with me tell me you will honor the old owners agrrements, then change up. My orignial deal was I bought in for $3,500.00 and would have membership dues of $100.00 a year for the rest of my life. Well in start of 2003 he now says forget about old deal, I can't make enough money off you. I now want $350.00 a year and there is no rest of life stuff! Oh yeah he wanted the difference in the dues back to 2001 also. After I refussed to pay he told me to get out or he will call the cops. Since we just bought a lake house we did not need the campground close to home to get away to. So after trying to work things out with Coast to Coast themselves, with no luck. We just walked away. So all I can say is best of luck!!
AL, & Mickey "The Boston"! Silver Springs, FL Camping since 1967 and RVing since 1990! A 2011 Keystone Hornet 30RKDS & 2015 Yamaha V-Star 1300 Delux WATCH FOR MOTORCYCLE
AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:18 PM   #5
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi Guys, right now it seems that CtoC is running a deal called Coast Deluxe. we were pitched at the St Augustine Camping World over our Christmas trip. We ended up paying $2000 for the whole shibang. I don't throw my cash around like some, but I thought this was a great deal for us. They also gave you a park in Ohio called Wally World as a home park at $100 per yr for life in writting. It works for us, Check it out and then you decide if it's for you.
Steve, Pat, Hakbar, & Root Motor

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 05:53 AM   #6
Newmar Owners Club
We also have Wally World as our home Park.
We purchased ours this past November 2007 and we have already saved enough to recroup our $2000 buy in price.
As we travel around the country the only downside is some of the Campgrounds are maybe 30-40 miles from the main sightseeing areas, but when you figure the couple of dollars we pay for gas to get there from the Campground compared to the savings it is a good deal.
We also belong to Passport and between the 2 we find about 80-90% of the Campground in the areas we need.
I feel the monies we save on Campgrounds more than offsets the increase in fuel.
I know once the seasonal RVers start camping again it may get tough getting into some Coast To Coast or Passport Campgrounds.
I know that sometimnes as we do our homework we may have to rearrange how or when we travel to an area. EX:Easter week had to stay where we were as the Campground we wanted to go to wasn't available.
Explained this to Coast To Coast Campground we were staying in and they let us stay at the Coast To Coast price not the public price.
2005 KSDP 3910-----2007 Jeep Liberty

read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 06:11 AM   #7
Winnebago Owners Club
Coast Deluxe has been around for years, so it's nothing new.

My first suggestion for Sal would be to go to the C2C website, www.coastresorts.com, and look at the locations of all their parks. Are they in areas where you travel? Keep in mind that, for the most part, these are "destination" parks, which means they're off the beaten path, not right next to the freeway for an easy in and out while you're traveling.

OK, so you've looked at the location of all the parks, and they're in areas where you will travel. The first thing you have to do is to find a home park to buy into. This is where doing some research will pay off, because you can pay from several hundred dollars to several thousand dollars to buy into a home park. And, of course, there is always the resale market where you can pick up a home park for little money...sometimes just the transfer fee.

Normally, there will also be an annual maintenance fee at your home park that can run from around $99 per year up to several hundred dollars per year. And pay close attention to how to get out of the contract if, at sometime in the future, you find the membership either isn't working for you, or you stop traveling.

Once you buy into a home park, you *then* join C2C (most of the time, the first year's membership fee for C2C is included in the cost you pay to buy into the home park). Joining C2C gives you access to the other parks in the system. There are two levels of membership: the basic and the deluxe. The deluxe allows you to stay longer at the parks and waives the 125-mile rule...plus there are some other perks that may or may not be important to you. Here again, research is the key. (You can't get a deluxe membership in C2C unless your home park is a deluxe park.)

Oh, and by the way, the nightly cost to stay at a C2C park has now gone up to $10.

2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul
LindaH is offline   Reply With Quote