Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2014, 02:50 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
College football in Alabama and Mississippi

I am just beginning to plan MotorHome trips to college football games at Alabama, Auburn and Mississippi State for this fall. The closer I can stay to the stadium, the better I like it. I would like to be on campus if it all possible as I would like to see as much of the universities as I can.

Any recommendations?
Olsenbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2014, 03:37 AM   #2

I can recommend a blog as to where you could email to get more Auburn information.

Have Retirement. Will Travel

Wayne has been to Auburn and can tell you everything about the football games. Of course you will have to wait until 2015 for the Iron Bowl.

War Eagle !
Bug512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:23 PM   #3

KZ RV Club
War Damn Eagle!

There are several areas that you can park / camp for free right on campus. You can't show up and squat your spot until 2 pm on Thursday before the game, and I HIGHLY suggest being there at that time to get a decent spot during big weekends.

There are a few pay spots very close also, but those are usually reserved WAY out and preference is given to previous year guests.

The spot we normally tailgate is right near the Tiger Transit pick up and drop off and takes you right to the stadium and back. 100 yd walk.

Cumminalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olsenbum View Post
I am just beginning to plan MotorHome trips to college football games at Alabama, Auburn and Mississippi State for this fall. The closer I can stay to the stadium, the better I like it. I would like to be on campus if it all possible as I would like to see as much of the universities as I can.

Any recommendations?
aTm football fan, huh?

Football - Schedule - Texas A&M Official Athletic Site - AggieAthletics.com
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:32 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You might want to check out Chewacla State Park in Auburn. Full hook-up and pretty cheap. Probably want to book pretty far in advance, though.
The sites on campus are in a field, boondocking with neighbors right next door. All depends on what kind of camping you are looking for.

War Eagle!!!
jeffwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:57 PM   #6

KZ RV Club
Chewacla SP is nice, it's just on the other side of town and you'd have to 1- drive through traffic to get on campus and 2- try to find a place to park. Parking and traffic on game day are a nightmare. How close your neighbors are in the fields depend on how big of a spot you mark off. The biggest downside is some folks don't understand the concept of owning a QUIET generator.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:10 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yep, Aggie through and through, but love to visit all these schools and see their campus! War Eagle!. Thank you all for your responses! Thanks Cumminalong! I'm really looking forward to seeing all these great stadiums and schools. I'll stay on campus if I can figure out where I need to be. I don't mind neighbors being close or the noise. I appreciate all the advice!
Old 04-04-2014, 10:12 AM   #8

KZ RV Club
If you look at the picture below, go directly south / southwest from the stadium and you see the large open fields (from half way down to the bottom of the picture) where most of the tailgating / camping goes on. The stadium is about a mile and half or so from those fields (you can use the stadium and ball fields for scale). There are tons of smaller areas all over campus and pretty much any open area you can fit is fair game, with the exception of areas that are marked off as no parking.

There are no set spaces or sizes, it's first come first served and you basically mark off your own area. I normally bring a few rolls of 2" white engineer tape and mark off our area. My wife works at the university so she gets the spot, stakes it out and then I drag the trailer out and setup.

If you REALLY want the "tailgating" experience at AU, this is where you want to be. If you want to "camp" there are are several pay parks that are nice, including Chewacla SP.

Obviously, if you go during big game weekends (Alabama, Georgia, LSU, A&M) it can be both a mad house and an absolute blast. The smaller game weekends, while still busy, aren't quite so crazy.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #9
WDE

Auburn Game Day Map

Here's a link: Enjoy

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...ay_parking.pdf
WDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:22 PM   #10

In Tuscaloosa, contact UA transportation dept,there is free rv parking next to University Mall with a game day shuttle. At Starkvegas, Miss State, there is parking at the horse barns with power and water hookups with a game day shuttle also, you need to make reservations prior to going. Go to any schools game day website for more rv parking info
aden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:29 PM   #11

You can go to this site for info on RV parking information at the University of Alabama. Roll Tide Roll!!

UA Gameday
jlabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:58 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks jabot! Watched some Tide baseball today in College Station! Thank you Aden and WDE!