Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2011, 12:10 AM   #1

Columbia River Gorge

I might be going on a year assignment to Bingen, WA has anyone winter here or stayed at this rv park? They are open year around and say not to much snow.........yeah let me get some other views. Great location on the river with view of Mt Hood

BRIDGE RV PARK AND CAMPGROUND
65271 HWY. 14
White Salmon, WA 98672
cmothershed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2011, 02:25 AM   #2
R&J

Monaco Owners Club
Bingen is across the river from Hood River Oregon. It can get Very cold there but only last for a few days normally.The east winds can blow hard, a skirt around your RV would help hold the heat in. I would look in White Salmon also not as windy or aross the river in Hood River up on the hill away from the wind. Rich
R&J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:07 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
I was raised in that area but left in 1961 but I do not remember real hard winters, yes some snow but not all that much or often. Wind is the gorge is often very strong and that area is one of the best wind surfing (sail boards) locations in the US. The RV park was not there when I lived there. In the website location it is next to the railroad tracks that run up the Washington side of the Columbia. It is listed under White Salmon in RV parks and reviews RV Park Reviews :: White Salmon, Washington ( WA ) - RV Parks and Campground Reviews
Safe Travels
Bob
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:43 PM   #4

Don't know about the park, but the cold can come and stay awhile. It's not the snow, but the ice storms that will get you. The cold wind blow from the east bringing the cold air and mixing with the warm air from the west will pill up quickly. I spent 6 years in Portland and those winters were some of the worst I ever saw. Try to get closer to Portland or Vancouver if possible.
Go Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:25 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
I spent the winter working in that area, and it can get windy and cold. At that time I was staying in a truck camper, I used a bottle of propane every three days during one extended cold snap. The park in question is right next to the Railroad line, and trains come through about one a hour all day/night. A better place might be the mobile home park at the east end of The Dalles, OR, its up on the hill. Quieter by a long shot.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:01 AM   #6

There's a County Park that friends have recommended just south of Hood River on Highway 35. It's called Toll Bridge Park. Don't know if it's year round and haven't stayed there yet. They stay regularly in spring and summer.

For short-term stays the full hook-up sites are $20.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:13 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
The bridge RV park is a decent park located between hwy 14 and a major RR track. Weather in the area isn't normally all that bad along the river. Yes you get some snow or ice storms, but they don't usually last long. Keep in mind that the toll on the Hood River-White Salmon Bridge goes to $1 each way as of 1 Jan 12. Also, if you have a wide body RV, I don't recommend using this bridge. It is EXTREMELY narrow. Yes, you can do it, but you have 3 inches on each side if you stay in your lane, and the guard rail is very unforgiving.!! Use the bridge at The Dalles OR (20 miles east) or Cascade Locks OR (20 miles west). (ps...I live just a couple miles away if you have any specific questions.) Dick
Dick1142 is offline   Reply With Quote