Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2010, 11:12 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Crawfish Festival/Beaux Bridge, LA

Will be staying at the Cajun Palms RV Park, Henderson, LA, to attend the crawfish festival in Beaux Bridge next weekend. Anybody that's going to be in the area is welcome to stop by and enjoy the hospitality. Will be in one of the sites 97-99, I don't know which yet. The FLAG will be flying. Come on by.

historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2010, 04:13 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Jim & BJ, while yall are three drop in at Pats for a meal. Good eats! Landrys is good too, but pricey for what it is....... If Robin's is still open they have Gumbo that will knock your socks off.

Old 04-25-2010, 05:37 AM   #3

If you have some times spend some times for breakfast at the Café des amis at Breaux Bridge
7.30 in the morning friday and saturday and 8 o clook sunday very good food and music have a goode time and Laissez le bon temps rouler
Andre .
Andrew from Québec Ca NKK#16343
2004 Kountry Star 3904 Cummins 330 ISC towing a Jeep Cherooke Trail Hawk 2016,Blue Ox.and Buddy Brake ,TMS,
AndrewC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:36 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks Don, Looks like Robin's and Pat's are real close together and not to hard to find.
Thanks Andre, If I can drag myself out bed that early, we'll give Cafe Des Amis‎ a try. After teaching 8 o'clock classes for over 32 years, I try not to be an early riser. However, some things are worth making an exception for.
I'll punch all of these into me Garmin. If things work out like usual, we'll have more places to eat than we have meals to eat. We ate at the Landry's the last time we stayed at Cajun Palms. Like the one here in Pensacola, good but pricey. I don't suppose that any of these place are cardiologist recommended? Naw, that doesn't go with "good food".
Old 04-26-2010, 12:30 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just left there last week; was wagonmaster for our Winnebago group. Try Crawfish Town, just past where you are staying, they have good food and a family atmosphere. Pats has good cajun music but the food has gone downhill in the past few years (have eaten there for the past two years). Mulates in Breaux Bridge has good music after 7PM and the food is ok. Café Des Amis is really good, great crab cakes. For a good lunch, try Poche's for a real cajun plate lunch that is reasonably priced. Lots to do in the area as we stayed busy for 10 days. Wish I was going to be there for the Crawfish Festival.
ROMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:37 PM   #6

Wish we could be there. Hope the bad weather stays north of yall!
Old 05-11-2010, 12:14 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Jim & BJ, glad to hear you had a good time at the crawfish festival and Cajun Palms. We full time there, workcamping. Hurry back!!!
Old 05-11-2010, 11:19 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Offshore,
We enjoyed the festival and we like the facilities at Cajun Palms.

However, lack of enforcement of the park's detailed published rules of behavior made for a less than enjoyable stay in the park. Late night loud mouth drunks in the site 125, 126, 144 triangle group, playing extremely loud rap music, hollering and carrying on half the night (way past posted quiet time), and letting their small children roam unsupervised (one, about age 4 apparently got tired, lay down on the edge of the main exit street after 10 PM and went to sleep) reduced the cultural level of the place to that of a subpar Detroit ghetto. We, plus another couple in our group (the 97-99 triangle) called and left messages of complaint about the noise and behavior. No one chose to return our calls. The manager, Amy I believe, was conveniently not the office when we and another couple (at different times) went into the office talk to the management about the situation. We left our phone numbers and asked that we be called. Still waiting for a return call. I think I'll quit holding my breathe for that to happen. It probably doesn't matter to them, but that's at least three customers (and all that we can influence) that will not be returning to Cajun Palms, not ever, not for a stop over let alone an event week-end, because of what I have to call unresponsive and extremely poor management. They cannot tell me that they haven't encountered this kind of problem before and have done nothing to prevent its re-occurrence. If Cajun Palms management wants that type of cliental and are willing to let a few out-of-control drunks run their park for them, so be it. My friends and I will take our business and money elsewhere.

On the lighter side, the food at Crawfish Town was something special. We ate there two nights. We tried to get into Cafe Des Amis. Forget that! I've been in the Army, I'm not standing in that kind of line again. Wanted to try out Pat's but just did not have the time or another meal to eat.

Most of the bands and singers that we heard were pretty good to good. One or two need to think about spending more time washing cars.

Friday we all (6 of us) went down to Avery Island to tour the Tabasco factory. I guess that Friday was field trip day to tour the Tabasco factory for every middle school in Louisiana. The taxpayers of Louisiana have spent a big bunch of money buying school buses. And I think all, but maybe 3, were at the Tabasco factory on April 29th. Maybe I can tour the factory some other time. The kids all seemed to be having a great time and were, as far as we could see, well behaved. We took the Jungle tour instead and looked at the gators. That's some deck they have out in Willow Pond for the birds. I had to wonder why don't gators go over and lunch on the birds?

Maybe next time we wander that way we can stop for lunch or coffee and give you a buzz. Have you got one of the covered spots in back? They look nice. Wouldn't really mind maybe a little snack at Crawfish Town.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:15 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Jim & BJ,
I am so sorry to hear of your terrible stay at Cajun Palms. I will surely pass this on to the management!!! What you have experienced is totally unacceptable at Cajun Palms www.cajunpalms.com. On weekends we have a security person (local police officer) who patrols the campground for just this reason. I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of the local events. Again, please accept my apologies.
Lloyd
Old 05-13-2010, 06:33 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Lloyd,
You don't have anything to apologize for. If a local police officer was hired Friday & Saturday nights, then he/she didn't do their job. If management is to busy or unconcerned that they cannot return a customer's phone call, then they don't need my business - or that of my friends. The wife and I are both former police officers (she's a retired deputy sheriff) and are familiar with working extra jobs. You just can't stay up at the bar/entertainment/pool area and leave the rest of the park to take care of itself. It's a shame, because we did like the park and it was not the first time we stayed there. I'm still willing/looking forward to stopping in the area (read Crawfish Town) and meeting/having lunch/coffee with our forum members.