Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2018, 01:00 PM   #1

Creede Colorado

I’ve noticed there is some recent interest here from folks regarding places to stay and things to do in the Great State of Colorado.
We spent some time in the Creede area this past August and I thought I’d post some info that might be helpful to those of you that might be planning a trip to this area.
We stayed at the Mountain Views at Rivers Edge RV Park and really enjoyed this place.
The sites are gravel but level and spacious. I think the sites are 40 to 50 feet wide so you’ve got plenty of space between you and your neighbors.
Here’s some pictures of the park.
Attachment 194319Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1527.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	291.8 KB
ID:	194320Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1519.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	362.0 KB
ID:	194322Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1516.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	400.5 KB
ID:	194323Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1523.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	401.7 KB
ID:	194324Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1500.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	270.2 KB
ID:	194326Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1499.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	293.7 KB
ID:	194327Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1505.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	322.0 KB
ID:	194328Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1503.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	356.0 KB
ID:	194329
All sites are full hook-up back ins with free wi-if. There’s a laundry along with clean restrooms and private showers.
We were there for a week and the rates were $45 per night but they do offer discounts for longer stays.
This is a good spot to make a base camp and explore this beautiful area.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1490.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	194330  
Road Hawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2018, 01:25 PM   #2

Awesome photos! How do you get to Creede? Do you jump off of 160 at South Fork and head north? I assume then that the roads are good enough to pull a 30’ TT, since it looks like you got there in a class A. We have gone over several Mt passes in CO, but I like to know that others have made it there ok before me lol.
amasajulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 01:25 PM   #3

Agree--we stayed in South Fork last summer--not quite as nice a park, but fell in love with the area around Creede. Mixed emotions about telling everyone what we discovered--only way to ruin it is to have more people go there!!!!!![smile]
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 01:33 PM   #4

Yes, take 149 north from South Fork. The roads are great. No steep grades on this section.
Go! You will love it!
Old 03-02-2018, 01:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Scout View Post
Agree--we stayed in South Fork last summer--not quite as nice a park, but fell in love with the area around Creede. Mixed emotions about telling everyone what we discovered--only way to ruin it is to have more people go there!!!!!![smile]
I agree. It's probably best kept a secret or it will get over ran with mobs of people. That very park has been on my bucket list for quite a while!
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 01:36 PM   #6

Thanks Road Hawg. We are heading to CO in July and will think about adding this to the itinerary!
amasajulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 01:43 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
We stayed at Mountain Views back in the summer of 2016. Be aware that if you have dogs, they are not allowed to step on anything "green" and you have to sign an agreement to that affect when you sign in. The gravel stones hurt our dogs feet getting to the small dog fenced in area. If your dog even thinks about stepping on ANY grass, you will be told to leave, and I don't mean doing their "business" on the grass ... but literally just "stepping" on the grass. So, I ended up having to drive out of the park and park the car along the road that leads to Mountain Views to get my dog off the sharp gravel. We were going to stay two weeks, and we left after 4 days because of it.

It is a nice RV park IF you don't have dogs or your dogs can handle stepping on sharp gravel to "go outside".

If you do go ... don't miss the "Last Chance Mine" ... well worth the visit.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 01:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
We stayed at Mountain Views back in the summer of 2016. Be aware that if you have dogs, they are not allowed to step on anything "green" and you have to sign an agreement to that affect when you sign in. The gravel stones hurt our dogs feet getting to the small dog fenced in area. If your dog even thinks about stepping on ANY grass, you will be told to leave, and I don't mean doing their "business" on the grass ... but literally just "stepping" on the grass. So, I ended up having to drive out of the park and park the car along the road that leads to Mountain Views to get my dog off the sharp gravel. We were going to stay two weeks, and we left after 4 days because of it.

It is a nice RV park IF you don't have dogs or your dogs can handle stepping on sharp gravel to "go outside".

If you do go ... don't miss the "Last Chance Mine" ... well worth the visit.

Maybe they’ve relaxed their requirements. We didn’t sign anything to that effect and didn’t have ay issues with our two dogs.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:59 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Hawg View Post
Maybe they’ve relaxed their requirements. We didn’t sign anything to that effect and didn’t have ay issues with our two dogs.
If they have, that was a good move. When we checked in the first piece of paper they gave us to sign was a full page with huge letters in red saying that if your dog even steps on anything "green" ... please leave before we tell you to do so. And ALL people in your RV had to sign the paper .. not just the driver. Unbelievable .....
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 03:08 PM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
Re gravel and stones. Mountain Views is "in the mountains" and dirt or sand is very hard to find. So yes rocks are in abundance. We spent two summers there and they work very hard to keep grass green and neatly trimmed. As to being kicked out of park for dog "walking on the grass" - I doubt it would happen. But I know that once a dog squats it's hard to stop em. I can imagine that a lot of "city" dogs would have very tender paws. The Creede community and Mountain Views RV Park & Resort combine to make one of the best summer destinations. Link to Creed http://www.creede.com/
And link to Mountain Views http://www.mountainviewsrv.com/
Hint: if you are staying for a month or longer be sure and ask for a spot in the resort. Truly amazing. The best and easiest way into San Luis Valley and Creede is North from Santa Fe, NM via 285. Wherever you go this summer - relax and enjoy life.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 03:30 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Hawg View Post
Yes, take 149 north from South Fork. The roads are great. No steep grades on this section.
Go! You will love it!
149 from South Fork north is a very nice drive.

However, 149 coming from the north might be a little 'iffy' for those that don't like steep mountains. It's call 'Slumgullion Pass' at 11,530' elevation. According to the 'Mountain Directory for Truckers and RVers' (highly recommended) it is 9.4% on the north side of the pass and 7.9% on the south side with curves all the way down. We've done it with no issues but just wanted to warn folks if coming from the north. It's an awesome drive!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 04:57 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
149 from South Fork north is a very nice drive.

However, 149 coming from the north might be a little 'iffy' for those that don't like steep mountains. It's call 'Slumgullion Pass' at 11,530' elevation. According to the 'Mountain Directory for Truckers and RVers' (highly recommended) it is 9.4% on the north side of the pass and 7.9% on the south side with curves all the way down. We've done it with no issues but just wanted to warn folks if coming from the north. It's an awesome drive!

Definition of Slumgullion from Dictionary.com:
1. A stew of meat, vegetables, potatoes, etc.
2. A beverage made weak or thin, as watery tea, coffee or the like.
3. The refuse from processing whale carcasses.
4. A reddish, muddy deposit in mining sluices.

And yes, it is an awesome drive!
Old 03-02-2018, 05:19 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
I wish you would keep things like this to yourself!!! We haven’t been there in a few years, but love it. Now it will be even harder than it was to get a reservation. Thanks a lot! [emoji12][emoji12]🤪
Old 03-02-2018, 08:42 PM   #14

Been to Mt Views several times with small dogs--never had a 'sharp stone' problem with them and getting them to the walking areas around the edges/road was simple.
Were you in the private section with the owner sites?
May even be back there this summer.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
colorado