Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2014, 01:05 PM   #15

Thanks again for all the excellent feedback, folks. Keep the comments coming!

Now if my kids would only finish up their schoolwork so that we can get out of this RV.... ha.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2014, 01:33 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percival6 View Post
Hi Cptgregger,

Where are you from? Are you on the road full time or part time? We just started homeschooling our four boys last year and are trying to figure out how to we can take more trips and incorporate school into our travels. My dream is to take 6 or 9 or maybe even 12 months and take off across the country to see everything (and more) they are learning. The Boys seem to be all for it, but the DW and I are wondering how 6 of us will deal with being in such close proximity to each other for that long. http://www.irv2.com/forums/images/smilies/blink.gif How is it working for your family?

Hope the weather holds, you have a great trip, and that your surgery goes well and you are back on the road quickly! Good Luck!

Tom
Hi Tom,

Thanks for all the advice. We'll try to see everything you mentioned.

To answer your questions, we are live and work on Guam right now but I have a job where I can arrange blocks of day off. So I can take a month off at a time, but of course I have to pay the piper by working for a month straight. It has it's drawbacks. In that regard we are full-timers but we still maintain a home on Guam for when I have to return there for work. Sometimes my DW and kids come with me to Guam, other times they stay with the RV. I also have a home in TX. It was a rental but now it on the market for sale. If we're passing through that area we'll often stop in at stay at the house instead.

Regarding your dream to get on the road with the kids. I thought I'd write something up for other's interested in homsechooling and Full-timing since you and many others have been asking lately. I posted that here: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/for-t...ml#post2254594

Old 10-07-2014, 08:01 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
You will not need reservations on the Oregon coast in November. What you will need are good Raincoats. Check the Weather Forecasts in advance because November Storms can be very Windy and Rainy. Good Luck
Old 10-10-2014, 12:37 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Duck View Post
You will not need reservations on the Oregon coast in November. What you will need are good Raincoats. Check the Weather Forecasts in advance because November Storms can be very Windy and Rainy. Good Luck
Pessimist!

Go BEAVS!
sinnettc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:55 PM   #19

We've had a great time on the Oregon Coast thus far. We 6 days at Ft Stevens SP (very nice park). 2 days at Pacific City (TT), and 4 days at Heceta RV park in the Florence area. We stored the FW for a few weeks in Florence while I get my knee surgery done. Hopefully it won't been too wet and cold when we get back in November.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:43 PM   #20

Send a message via AIM to mike.t Send a message via MSN to mike.t Send a message via Yahoo to mike.t
Generally when you see rats you will not see squirrels.

2013 Ram 1500 4X4 Hemi
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote