Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #1

Cuivre River State Park Troy MO

Hi,

It looks like you can get to the campground(FHU section) easily using hwy 47 to 147 to 673(Walker Rd.) to Overlook Dr. This route seem easier than going through the park on the road that passes by the visitor center.
Is anyone familiar with this park and whether this route(using hwy 673 particularly) is a good way to get to the campground in a 35ft motorhome towing a car? Is hwy 673 a paved road?

Thanks,
Jim

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #2

Do you still need this info? We live about two miles from this park, and I am not sure you can get to the campground from Walker Road. I think you have to go through the park. Possibly a locked gate down Walker road, that leads to a juvenile lock down facility called Camp Avery. I can drive through the park and report back.

Old 09-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #3

Ok..Walker Road is not a Hwy..its a paved county rd. But all access to the park from Walker is gated and inaccessible. You must stay on park road and drive past the visitor center. If you need any more info on the area let me know.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #4

I forgot to add that a half of a mile into the park, is a very narrow one lane bridge, so watch your speed. It comes up very quickly.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #5

thanks greg, was at CRSP last week and found that access off walker rd is a gate that is rarely open so ya gotta go through the park to get to campground. But, road into the park from hwy KK is best, not as hilly/curvey as road off hwy 147.

thanks,
jim
Old 09-14-2013, 10:24 PM   #6

I (Jeri) posted this today. I read it to my hubby this evening and he said that I needed to tell you to go Hwy KK...so I was going to post that and saw your response, lol. Hope you had a nice stay!