Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2010, 06:16 PM   #1

Cypress Woods, FT Myers

we rolled into cypress woods rv resort a few days ago and was really impressed, what a nice park. dw doesn't want to leave. is anybody staying here this yr. jim

beaverjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2010, 06:37 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I was there two years ago for the winter. Very nice park.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:54 PM   #3

The 2 reviews at rvparkreviews.com are mixed, one reads over-the-top, the other sounds more realistic.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:47 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Cypress Woods is a first class park and there are no mobile homes there.

There are nicer and more expensive parks like Riverbend and Pelican Lake, but CW is the nicest in Fort Myers.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:03 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Jim:

We too really liked Cypress Woods. Have even considered buying a lot there, however, they're apparently having some major issue(s) having something to do with the owner/developer NOT having paid taxes due on the property and they're currently in something of a turmoil !?

Steve & Lynette
Old 11-13-2010, 05:53 PM   #6

steve, thanks for the info. i question this as there are only a handfull of lots that the developer still holds. the rest are sold and held by deed. if you can tell me more please do as we are planning on purchasing monday. thanks! jim
Old 11-14-2010, 09:13 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Jim & Sue:

Recently, on some Cypress Woods Owner's Forum my wife was into, there was a discussion regarding this unpaid taxes issue and some resulting turmoil. I'm hunting around to find this discussion and will let ya know when and IF I find it. I'll try to get it to you before tomarrow (Monday).

Steve
Old 11-14-2010, 10:23 AM   #8

thanks steve! we will be doing our home work between today and tomorow! jim
Old 11-16-2010, 08:48 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
jim & sue:

Say,...has Cypress Woods started developing that "planned" new section located on the ENE side of the park?

Steve & Lynette
Old 11-16-2010, 09:59 AM   #10

I have a friend that has owned a lot there for about ten years now and from what they have told me the lot owners have been battling with the developer for years. Talk with some of the owners in the older sections such as when you enter the park turn left and then right and right again, I believe this is A & B sections.

PS: There are double wides in this park.
85Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:03 PM   #11

steve, acording to the sales people the last phase is slated for this upcoming yr. but then again they are sale people!!!! eagle 85, we've talked to quite a lot of owners in the past days and they all seem to be happy other than what you normally have. when you put that many different owners together you will have a certain amount of disagreements. all in all the park is very well maintained and very friendly.
as far as double wides go there are some, maybe 5% but are very well done and well landscaped. at this point you cannot build on all sites, it goes according the the age of the section. we are going to be in section d which you will not be able to build until 2016 we don't see a problem with that as we like the idea that someday we may not want, or be able to be doing the mh. thing and find it a nice thought that we would not need to move and find new neighbors! jim & sue
Old 11-16-2010, 02:19 PM   #12
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I sublet lot B2 two winters ago from the owner who had 2 lots. It was a very nicely landscaped lot and it was an enjoyable stay.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:12 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Jim & Sue:

Back in 08, that "last phase" was "slated" for 09 !!...according to the 'sales' people. You guys are right, however, Cypress Woods is one heck of a NICE park. Now ya got us thinking again!!

Steve & Lynette