Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2017, 01:41 PM   #1

Denver Area Campgrounds

My family and I will be in the Denver area for my daughters travel softball tournament in late June. We are having issues finding anything close to Denver. Any ideas? Not familiar with the area but anything within 25-30 miles of the Denver area would be great. Looking for full hook ups, nice resort and family friendly. Thanks in advance!
Ed44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2017, 02:59 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed44 View Post
My family and I will be in the Denver area for my daughters travel softball tournament in late June. We are having issues finding anything close to Denver. Any ideas? Not familiar with the area but anything within 25-30 miles of the Denver area would be great. Looking for full hook ups, nice resort and family friendly. Thanks in advance!
https://rec.cityofgolden.net/wbwsc/w...ash.html?wbp=3

Campground - Jefferson County, Colorado

State Park Map

Dakota Ridge RV Resort - Golden Campgrounds | Good Sam Club

Those are the ones we use - Golden is the most fun - on the creek in town - minutes from downtown.

Where might the tournament be?

Best of luck, Very Popular, not too many sites.
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 03:29 PM   #3

We just went through the same process for an upcoming trip out there. Take a look a Cherry Creek State Park in Aurora.
EVO-Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 04:03 PM   #4

DW and I stayed at Loveland RV Resort overnight last year; it was good. A little further north from Denver though...

2018 Renegade Explorer / 2021 Jeep Gladiator
MFortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 07:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
https://rec.cityofgolden.net/wbwsc/w...ash.html?wbp=3

Campground - Jefferson County, Colorado

State Park Map

Dakota Ridge RV Resort - Golden Campgrounds | Good Sam Club

Those are the ones we use - Golden is the most fun - on the creek in town - minutes from downtown.

Where might the tournament be?

Best of luck, Very Popular, not too many sites.

Thank you! The site locations are Denver, Aurora and one more city that I can't think of right now.
Ed44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:28 PM   #6

We have stayed at Prospect RV Park in Wheat Ridge. It is adequate for visits to the Denver area.
The 44 bus goes right downtown in 45 minutes.
2013 Leisure Travel Vans Unity U24MB, 635 watts solar, 440 AH batteries, 2000 watt inverter, Koni struts and shocks, Hellwig rear anti-swaybar, SumoSprings front and back, 2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox baseplates, Aladdin towbar and Patriot
jackfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 03:14 PM   #7

Chatfield State Park is great and Dakota Ridge is way over rated and priced IMHO
Big Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 03:19 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed44 View Post
Thank you! The site locations are Denver, Aurora and one more city that I can't think of right now.
Try this - it might help - I've never looked on the east side of Denver.

https://binged.it/2q8Fymg

Good Luck,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:28 PM   #9

We have also stayed at Cherry Creek State Park in Aurora, but it was early Spring. It gets crazy busy by mid May. 40 minute walk to the light rail station.
2013 Leisure Travel Vans Unity U24MB, 635 watts solar, 440 AH batteries, 2000 watt inverter, Koni struts and shocks, Hellwig rear anti-swaybar, SumoSprings front and back, 2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox baseplates, Aladdin towbar and Patriot
jackfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 06:08 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
My vote would be Chatfield State Park or farther north Boyd Lake State Park. Both with hookups and nice camping
Lynnowensmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground