Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2017, 07:47 PM   #1

Denver Meadows RV Park, Aurora CO

I was looking for a place to park for about a week or so in the Denver area. This is the only spot with sites long enough (55') for me that isn't up in Estes Park - that I know of. I've made a tenative reservation despite the less than awesome review scores. I've since gone back and am reading more information on it and I'm seeing some REALLY bad stuff, along side some 5 star reviews. Seems to not be the best choice, but one of the few I have right now.

Has anyone actually stayed there and have experience with that park?
HSR-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2017, 08:03 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSR-Russ View Post
I was looking for a place to park for about a week or so in the Denver area. This is the only spot with sites long enough (55') for me that isn't up in Estes Park - that I know of. I've made a tenative reservation despite the less than awesome review scores. I've since gone back and am reading more information on it and I'm seeing some REALLY bad stuff, along side some 5 star reviews. Seems to not be the best choice, but one of the few I have right now.

Has anyone actually stayed there and have experience with that park?
Have you looked at Jeffco County Fairgrounds?

Campground - Jefferson County, Colorado

They might work for you.

Best of Luck,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:02 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Look at "Cherry Creek State Park"... Great reviews, accepts BIG RIGS.. Found it on the RV Parky app on my phone.

Good luck
Dave
Old 06-18-2017, 07:34 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
X2 on Cherry Creek State Park. Denver Meadows is right on the 225 and isn't an appealing area. Cherry Creek has very nice sites - power only though so you need to use on-board water. An alternate on the SW side of town is Chatfield State Park. The campground there overlooks the lake.
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:05 AM   #5

Cherry Creek does have full hook up sites, pull throughs and long.
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:56 AM   #6

We have Labor Day weekend reservations at South Park Mobile Home Park in Englewood. Haven't stayed there yet and it is not a "resort" but reviews say managers stay on top of things. We tow a pickup behind our MH and plan to disconnect upon arrival.
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:26 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
Years sago but my memories of Denver Meadows are not good. I second Cherry creek are the Jefferson County FG as we've stayed at and enjoyed both. There is also another state park on the south side called Chatfield which is very good.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:58 AM   #8

South Park MHP in Englewood is a 55+ park.

Another possibility, this one north of Denver adjacent to I-25, is St. Vrain State Park. Full hookups sites are on the south side and water/electric are on the north side of this park. Both sides are accessed via the same entrance. We have made reservations through Reserve America. The park abuts I-25 but the sites away from the freeway experience little road noise.
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:46 PM   #9

Denver Meadows just hung up on me when I tried to confirm some of the dates. Rudest management I've ever had to speak with. Wow.

Thanks for all the other great tips! We are getting a much later start on our travels this year than we thought and only recently found out when we could head out, so this puts us into the 'short notice' bin for many parks. Hopefully something fun and affordable works out though. Wal-mart's get boring after a while
HSR-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:32 PM   #10

If you can get a reservation at Chery Creek, jump on it. You won't be sorry. The only negative I can come up with is there is no hand soap in the restrooms. Stayed there last month.
McGarrett50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 04:44 AM   #11

We stay in Chatfield State park with our 45' coach and toad.
Big Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 12:04 PM   #12

Freightliner Owners Club
Both are nice parks. My only complaint is their fee schedule. They charge a daily rate for your toad as well as the site fee for the MHo. At least they use to do that.
Old 07-02-2017, 01:18 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler of california View Post
Both are nice parks. My only complaint is their fee schedule. They charge a daily rate for your toad as well as the site fee for the MHo. At least they use to do that.
If you go in to the park with your toad hooked up, you can get a towed in vehicle pass for free. I do this all the time with my motorcycle in the toyhauler. (Same rule applies to motorhome/toad)
Old 07-02-2017, 03:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSR-Russ View Post
Denver Meadows just hung up on me when I tried to confirm some of the dates. Rudest management I've ever had to speak with. Wow.
But don't cancel your reservation until you know you have something else.

The recommendations for the state parks are nice, but they're not taking into consideration that you need a 55' space AND you're wanting to stay for "a week or so," in the summer. The state parks in the Denver area are almost always reserved for weekends well in advance, and even weekdays are often available only in 2- or 3-day blocks unless you're looking at a month out.

To get an idea of the situation, you can use the online reservation system for Colorado state parks and use the "date range availability" but be sure to note the length of the sites listed (you can use a filter for that).

I glanced at Cherry Creek for between now and Labor Day and didn't see a single 40' site available on a Friday or Saturday, and only a few sites during the week, until you get close to Labor Day, and there are some that are available for Sunday-Thursday.

But unless the planets align for you and there's a combination of cancellations and when you happen to be making your reservation, you're not going to get "a week or so" at a state park in a >40-foot site.
oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote