Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:23 AM   #1
Dickinson, Nd?

anyone ever stayed at any of the campgrounds in Dickinson as of lately? If so how can anyone recommend one for long term stay. I have been looking at "camp on the heart" but they are only open may-sept and I need to set up shop in that area within the next couple of weeks!
on a side note before we make the move from Sidney, Mt to Dickinson the wife and I will be traveling to devils lake Nd for some a week or so before we head to Dickinson and plan on staying at Grahams Island State Park which will also be a first for us....any info would be great!!!!!!

shockcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2012, 05:07 AM   #2
Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry don't have recent info but stayed at Camp on the Heart about 10 years ago while driving across ND. Remember it as a nice place on a river where Lewis and Clark traveled.

Tom and Katharine
'07 Winnebago Tour 40TD, 400hp Cummins
RVing for 19 years & 150,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:41 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I've done a business trip there spring and fall for the last several years.
I called the lady at Camp on the Heart once, she was not real nice, not open yet, and not at all happy with the changes the oil fields were making in here town.

I stay at North Park Campground. Good sized gravel FHU sites, no trees. Mostly caters to oil field workers, and mostly permanent 5th wheel setups. Long waiting list. Bulldozing new sites as fast as they can move dirt and lay plumbing.
They do maintain a number of "transient sites" and they've always found room for me, even that first time when I showed up without a reservation.

This is not a destination campground. It's a place where oil field workers live.

Any kind of lodging in Dickinson is tough. People are renting out thier front lawns as campsites! All hotels are booked solid by the oil companies. Costs are through the roof. THey can't decide weather to go with it and build new stuff, or wait to make sure the Feds and environmentalists are not gonna pull the plug.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote