Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-22-2015, 02:40 PM   #43
WDW
Senior Member
 
WDW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 792
LOCATION....LOCATION....LOCATION ...nothing else can touch the element of being 'on property'. What you save will be spent in travel and opportunity costs.
__________________

__________________
Taking in the sights with our Trolley ...but life is always better under a Palm Tree
2016 Coachmen Mirada 35 BH. - our Trolley
2016 Jeep Cherokee Latitude, Western New York
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2015, 05:22 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
RELHUB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbmsu View Post
Here is a number of a Agent that lives in Ft Wilderness and books for us every year.
Her name is Hilda 302.598.8892 IF there are any openings she will have them for you.
Tell her you talked to Don (Segway)



Great Advice I will call her to help us with our next trip in 6 weeks.
__________________

__________________
GRV We love to Roam
2013 Georgetown
RELHUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 10:28 AM   #45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 179
I have to do this soon. You guys have a way of making it sound so exciting. :-)
__________________
2016 Anthem 44B - Go Blue!
2014 Jeep Rubicon
Making memories, one day at a time!
lincoln20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:43 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
wstrace3's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Youngsville, LA
Posts: 512
Our first trip there and just got back. Stayed in 1200 loop and it was awesome. Already booked to go back week before Christmas. 4 and 2 year old had a blast. Everything in the campground was accessible by bike.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0216.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	86835   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0223.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	86836  

__________________
Billy and Danielle
2013 Thor Palazzo 33.3
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:17 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
jondrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstrace3 View Post
Our first trip there and just got back. Stayed in 1200 loop and it was awesome. Already booked to go back week before Christmas. 4 and 2 year old had a blast. Everything in the campground was accessible by bike.
Looks like they have new picnick tables
__________________
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2014 CRV w/EZ Tow
jondrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:21 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
Johndale's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ft Worth texas
Posts: 963
not allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabrooks View Post
Hilda can also help with golf cart rental. They are not through Disney but are nice carts and much cheaper.
Just got off phone with Disney and was told that you can only use there carts at FW. They have put a stop to outside rentals and was told dont waste your money because the other place will deliver the cart but will not be allowed on the camp grounds so you loose your money from that company
So I paid the $69.00 a day. I want my vacation to be perfect and not loose to much of my money but they are my Grand kids and they are old enough (9-14 yo) they will always remember this time. This is their first trip to Disney but of Course I have to take their mom (my daughter) to be there too.
__________________
2003 Sightseer 33L
Ford F53
Johndale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 04:07 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
Tha_Rooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 4,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndale View Post
Just got off phone with Disney and was told that you can only use there carts at FW. They have put a stop to outside rentals and was told dont waste your money because the other place will deliver the cart but will not be allowed on the camp grounds so you loose your money from that company
So I paid the $69.00 a day. I want my vacation to be perfect and not loose to much of my money but they are my Grand kids and they are old enough (9-14 yo) they will always remember this time. This is their first trip to Disney but of Course I have to take their mom (my daughter) to be there too.

Or bring your own.
__________________
2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40V
Tha_Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:50 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
Gary1965's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew View Post
Looks like they have new picnick tables

Same picnic tables they have had for the last number of years.

We love FW, go down a couple times a year and will be there end of March! Can't wait!

We bring a toad and don't need a golf cart, but enjoy renting from time to time. I am surprised they put a stop to outside carts because in their busy time they do not have enough for the demand. That would be my only complaint. If Disney is going to stop outside companies then have enough supply for your demand.


2010 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
__________________
2010 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
Gary1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:56 PM   #51
Senior Member
 
Spinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: MN
Posts: 292
We have been going every spring for the last 4 years. The offsite cart thing has gotten progressively more difficult. We are renting from the mouse this year. The convenience is nice versus going off property to pick up and drop off the cart.
__________________
Spinner & Gang
2000 MADP ISC350 2003 Jeep Liberty toad
"Working towards the next vacation!"
Spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:50 AM   #52
Senior Member
 
KenNJ's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 704
As I indicated in another post we were just there in January. We opted for a premium site because it was our first time but after being there I think I could squeeze into a smaller one if I had to. Yes there are tight areas but nothing that cannot be overcome. If you need help backing in or anything like that there are plenty of folks ready to assist.

Like many others we rented a golf cart from FW because it was just easier. We still have a pass for one more park and plan on returning around the Halloween time frame. Like any other popular location you have to book in advance especially during any holiday period.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1149.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	568.6 KB
ID:	87033  
__________________
Ken & Diane
2014 Newmar Ventana 4369 All Electric 400HP
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:31 AM   #53
Community Moderator
 
JMonroe's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Deer Creek RV and Golf Resort, Davenport FL
Posts: 6,853
Ken, unless you paid extra for the privilege, that "one day left" expired 14 days after you used the first day.


In Ken's photo you can clearly see where the extra "apron" was added to the left side of the site when it was upgraded to "premium". For those sites that have not gotten the upgrades keep in mind the vegetation will go right up to the edge (as it does in this photo, but could include large pine trees) and that includes the more narrow area you can see toward the front of the site. Depending on where it is, you could have a problem negotiating a large rig into one of the older sites.


Our last time at the Fort they assigned us, with our 43' motorhome, to a site that was plenty long, if you could get into it, but also perfectly perpendicular to the narrow road. There were obstructions that came right up to the edge of the road directly across from the site. The only way I'd have gotten into that site was if I could have bent the rig in a couple of places in the middle. Ultimately it all worked out as there was another straight back in site about 20 yards away and a nice young man with a two way radio (driving the garbage "truck") that got it all squared away for us.
__________________
Jay & Peggy Monroe with Dolly
Can't take it with you - don't plan on leaving any behind
2016 Newmar London Aire 4553, Spartan chassis
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:44 PM   #54
Senior Member
 
KenNJ's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
Ken, unless you paid extra for the privilege, that "one day left" expired 14 days after you used the first day.


In Ken's photo you can clearly see where the extra "apron" was added to the left side of the site when it was upgraded to "premium". For those sites that have not gotten the upgrades keep in mind the vegetation will go right up to the edge (as it does in this photo, but could include large pine trees) and that includes the more narrow area you can see toward the front of the site. Depending on where it is, you could have a problem negotiating a large rig into one of the older sites.


Our last time at the Fort they assigned us, with our 43' motorhome, to a site that was plenty long, if you could get into it, but also perfectly perpendicular to the narrow road. There were obstructions that came right up to the edge of the road directly across from the site. The only way I'd have gotten into that site was if I could have bent the rig in a couple of places in the middle. Ultimately it all worked out as there was another straight back in site about 20 yards away and a nice young man with a two way radio (driving the garbage "truck") that got it all squared away for us.
Jay,

Yes we did have to pay extra (and did) for the pass to never expire.
__________________
Ken & Diane
2014 Newmar Ventana 4369 All Electric 400HP
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:08 PM   #55
Senior Member
 
Gary1965's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 238
Jay is correct on the narrowness of the non-premium sites. Ken can pull into any site, but the issue is having patio space to enjoy. That is worth all of the money for Premium IMHO.


2010 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
__________________
2010 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
Gary1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 09:07 AM   #56
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 47
I will be there the same time span. hope to se you
__________________

__________________
et_ky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
advice



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fort Wilderness Feb 21-28 Any Golf suggestions? Acm210 Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 7 02-23-2015 03:25 AM
Disney Fort Wilderness camprgounds..any gotchas Bad Bolt Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 29 08-22-2014 04:51 PM
Disney Fort Wilderness Advice britcon Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 15 05-18-2014 09:18 PM
Heading to Disney's Fort Wilderness Mgel2584 Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 9 05-16-2014 10:45 PM
Fort wilderness mfd538 Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 24 04-24-2014 04:33 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.