Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2015, 08:33 PM   #1
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Disney Fort Wilderness Advice

We are thinking about spending a week or so at FW during the first part of April for Spring Break. Have read several posts on the this site, but if you have any suggestions on reservations (currently shows full), what to see, what to do, I would greatly appreciate it. I have a 45' CC.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2015, 08:38 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
call reservations & find out when cancellations are posted (used to be wednesday 9AM) then follow up. Good Luck

Old 02-14-2015, 09:09 PM   #3

Suggest you book reservation near Disney asap, your timing is during a very busy month, the campgrounds will be booked and Disney will be jammed packed.
Old 02-14-2015, 09:18 PM   #4

Your best bet is to keep checking the on line at
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/re...erness-resort/

We are local to FW and have annual passes so we like to pop in whenever we can. Cancelations post to the website all the time so you never know when something will show up. Getting a full week in so close to a busy time will be challenging. You can always call 407-939-5277 and get a real human to help you search. Hopefully your arrival/departure dates are flexible. That will help.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:39 AM   #5
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you all, very much!

Is there is a certain time of the day that is better to call?

Regards to all!
Old 02-15-2015, 06:45 AM   #6

If you can't get the full week book 2-4 nights. Then try booking the other nights separately. When you get here tell them you have several reservations and you want to stay in the same spot and 99% of the time they do it. We come here WAY too much and that's how we do it 50% of the time. They are really lazy here at fort wilderness because there are so many open sites every night but the website says all booked up. We are currently in 802 and the sit across from us has been vacant for the past two nights but the park shows full

Once our season pass expires it will be awhile before we return. Fort wildernesses isn't what it used to be and when you're paying 149.00-169.00 a night I don't really have a lot of tolerance
Old 02-15-2015, 07:27 AM   #7
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theluckys View Post
If you can't get the full week book 2-4 nights. Then try booking the other nights separately. When you get here tell them you have several reservations and you want to stay in the same spot and 99% of the time they do it. We come here WAY too much and that's how we do it 50% of the time. They are really lazy here at fort wilderness because there are so many open sites every night but the website says all booked up. We are currently in 802 and the sit across from us has been vacant for the past two nights but the park shows full

Once our season pass expires it will be awhile before we return. Fort wildernesses isn't what it used to be and when you're paying 149.00-169.00 a night I don't really have a lot of tolerance
Thanks for your thoughts! Good points.
I can envision the employee's casual attitude. It wouldn't matter to most of them whether the lots are all occupied or not!

All the best!
Old 02-15-2015, 08:25 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
We are thinking about spending a week or so at FW during the first part of April for Spring Break. Have read several posts on the this site, but if you have any suggestions on reservations (currently shows full), what to see, what to do, I would greatly appreciate it. I have a 45' CC.
fwiw imho over priced and over rated, see if tropical palm has any openings

Moxy
Moxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:30 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
It took me forever to get in.I kept getting try late.But found out it works better on Chrome.I tried chatting with online and phone they really was little help until I got a helper that told me use Chrome.Every one was tell me try different days and this yung lady told me they had a lot of open spaces and while online with her on firefox I tried Chrome and went right in.Good luck
Old 02-15-2015, 10:39 AM   #10
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndale View Post
It took me forever to get in.I kept getting try late.But found out it works better on Chrome.I tried chatting with online and phone they really was little help until I got a helper that told me use Chrome.Every one was tell me try different days and this yung lady told me they had a lot of open spaces and while online with her on firefox I tried Chrome and went right in.Good luck
Thanks for insight!
Old 02-15-2015, 11:31 AM   #11
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theluckys View Post

I just called and got the first night. I'll keep calling and hope to get the others!
Thanks for the tip!
Old 02-15-2015, 11:42 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
When you get there ... try to make sure they understand you have a 45 foot coach and want something easy to get into and out of. Some of the spots are hard to get into and around the loops with a big rig. When we went in September, I had a 36 ft coach and now with a 45 ft. one, I might either try Tropical Palms or absolutely insist on an easy site that will accommodate a bigger rig.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:19 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Fort Wilderness is really nice, especially if you are enjoying the various Disney theme parks. A couple of thoughts:
- Don't pay extra for a "Premium" or "Preferred" site. The "Full Hook-up" sites are just as nice, if not nicer and a little cheaper. The Premium / Preferred sites are a little closer to the docks/restaurant area but if you have a bike or a golf cart, it really isn't a factor.
- Getting anywhere at Disney from Fort Wilderness is possible via the Disney Transportation but it can take awhile. Your Wilderness reservation gives you free parking at any of the parks. We usually drove our toad unless we were going to the Magic Kingdom which is a fairly short and reliable boat ride. The bus transport system is much less reliable. You can often find yourself waiting quite awhile for a ride.
- If you have a pet, don't forget to ask for a pet loop. There are plenty of them but you can't have a pet with you on your site unless you are on a pet loop.
f14av8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 01:38 PM   #14
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by f14av8r View Post
Fort Wilderness is really nice, especially if you are enjoying the various Disney theme parks. A couple of thoughts:
- Don't pay extra for a "Premium" or "Preferred" site. The "Full Hook-up" sites are just as nice, if not nicer and a little cheaper. The Premium / Preferred sites are a little closer to the docks/restaurant area but if you have a bike or a golf cart, it really isn't a factor.
- Getting anywhere at Disney from Fort Wilderness is possible via the Disney Transportation but it can take awhile. Your Wilderness reservation gives you free parking at any of the parks. We usually drove our toad unless we were going to the Magic Kingdom which is a fairly short and reliable boat ride. The bus transport system is much less reliable. You can often find yourself waiting quite awhile for a ride.
- If you have a pet, don't forget to ask for a pet loop. There are plenty of them but you can't have a pet with you on your site unless you are on a pet loop.
Very good suggestions - thanks for sharing them!

Tags
advice