Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2015, 11:29 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Assume that Disneyland dropped their ticket price to $50.

Everybody and their brother would be on here complaining about the crowds and the inability to even get into the park.

I wonder if raising the price isn't part of a scheme to keep attendance down.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2015, 02:50 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post

Everybody and their brother would be on here complaining about the crowds and the inability to even get into the park.

Exactly

mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 08:24 AM   #31
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post

I think you're on the right track, but maybe the wrong station.

I have no doubt that crowd levels are taken into account when setting prices. If the crowd levels were going down I'm sure the prices would not be going up.

As frequent visitors we used to be able to council people on the best times to go, based on crowd levels. Disney has done a good job, for better or worse, of increasing attendance during times that had traditionally been slower. They organize things such as marathon's, cheerleader competitions, and special events like the flower and garden festival or the food and wine festival. We'll see large South American tour groups in February.

Attendance numbers have leveled out and, unfortunately for enthusiasts, at typically higher numbers. There are still "no go" times, at least for us, (virtually any holiday) and there are still times that are better, in terms of crowds. But more to the point, demand is going up, not down, justifying the higher prices, at least from a business point of view.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 08:44 AM   #32

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
[QUOTE=JMonroe;2776894]I think you're on the right track, but maybe the wrong station.

I have no doubt that crowd levels are taken into account when setting prices. If the crowd levels were going down I'm sure the prices would not be going up.

As frequent visitors we used to be able to council people on the best times to go, based on crowd levels. Disney has done a good job, for better or worse, of increasing attendance during times that had traditionally been slower. They organize things such as marathon's, cheerleader competitions, and special events like the flower and garden festival or the food and wine festival. We'll see large South American tour groups in February.

Attendance numbers have leveled out and, unfortunately for enthusiasts, at typically higher numbers. There are still "no go" times, at least for us, (virtually any holiday) and there are still times that are better, in terms of crowds. But more to the point, demand is going up, not down, justifying the higher prices, at least from a business point of view.[/QUOTE
X2
Exactly, we forget this is a business. In a business it is always about supply and demand. While people complain about the price and how they will not go any more these parks are still crowded, so in a business model it makes sense. God bless free enterprise it is what makes this country great.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:08 AM   #33

Too little real estate, too many people. Maybe it's time for Disneyland Iowa.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:38 AM   #34

Here is Southern California the press has been rippling Disney a new one over this price increase. Upping the price for the premium pass holders by over 30% is just out of line.

Disney is slamming the premium pass holders claiming they need to reduce how many people visit the park at certain times the amount the premium holders does not account for this increase.

We've had premium passes for near 20 years but this is the first year we're really thinking about not getting one or at least getting the Signature Plus Passport. That extra $200 each is hard to justify for 15 days although it does blockout my DW birthday.

Here is an idea I'm sending to Disney not that they will listen. Keep the blackout dates for the Signature Passport but allow holders to come one day during the 15 day blockout period or bring back the blockout day ticket.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:45 AM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
No one goes there anymore, it's way too crowded!
Old 10-09-2015, 11:34 AM   #36
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsChilerick View Post
Too little real estate, too many people. Maybe it's time for Disneyland Iowa.
With a corn maze as the main attraction.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 12:03 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMan59 View Post
No one goes there anymore, it's way too crowded!
Actually that why we have the pass, so we can go when the crowds are light. We can go during the week and walk on to most rides and wait no more than 5 or 10 minutes on others.

We rarely go during the summer, with some exceptions, or major holidays. We've done the 4th of July and New Years but not any more, way too crowded. Just try watching the Fireworks on those days when main street is literally so shoulder to shoulder you could walk across the people. On New Years it could be 40 degrees but in the crowd it's closer to 80 there is so much body heat.

During Christmas we go for the Candlelight Ceremony and Processional, my DW birthday and early Christmas morning when very few are there, we gone by noon. During the days the schools are out for Christmas break we stay away but that still leaves plenty of times to see all of the Christmas displays.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:50 AM   #38

No one goes there anymore? That's funny. I guess that is why they are bulldozing the Nascar race track to build more parking spaces for all those no bodies. I camp at Fort Wilderness at least 5 times a year because it only takes me 4 hours to drive there and it is the best camp ground I ever stayed at. It is not cheap but I have paid more and got less. I reduce costs by bringing my bikes so I don't have to rent a golf cart and I don't go to the parks because there is so much to do at the campground. Yes the parks are very expensive. When you look at how much it costs to go to a 2 hour movie and then compare it to going to a park at 9:00 AM and staying until after the fireworks it works out to be about the same cost for your entertainment dollar. Disney is not for everyone. My son in law hates the plastic, forced happiness of the place but my grand kids win that argument every time.
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 10:58 AM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
I was joking , it's a quote from Yogi Bera.