Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2015, 05:46 PM   #1

Disney increasing pass prices

Disney is restructuring and raising their pass prices:

Disneyland raises annual pass prices, introduces $1,000 pass, and discontinues Premium pass - The Orange County Register

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2015, 06:38 PM   #2

They lost me many years when I was still working and I think they still had E ticket rides/coupons then. I guess if pushed I'd take the grandkids but I'd not be happy about the prices.

1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 07:09 PM   #3

It wasn't that long ago that we were season pass holders, but when the select pass went up to over $200, we stopped. Now it's $329! We paid that for a premium pass probably 4-5 years ago. It's too bad that the Magic Kingdom is now only for the rich. They are the only ones that can afford it. Walt is turning over in his grave. Sigh.
Old 10-04-2015, 07:25 PM   #4

The prices go up and so does the attendance. They will keep raising the prices. supply and demand. We own passes to both US parks and do at least 2 disney cruises a year. I recommend buying stock, it is a great company.
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 07:26 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
The problem according to the article is there are to many people going to Disneyland parks, it's all about supply and demand. We have annual passes because we go down twice a year and will renew our passes when we go down there next week.
Old 10-04-2015, 07:37 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I've always thought Disney was a Consession Stand/Gift Shop/cheesy Time Share business that is disguised as an amusement park. Call me un-American, I've never understood the mystique...but love the stock price!
Old 10-04-2015, 07:51 PM   #7

I saw everything that Disney created up to about 1990. They out priced me then, and the fun had waned. Hey, I matured, grew up!
I have always had something many times better and much more satisfying: camping, the great outdoors, and family.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 08:21 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
We are part of the problem I guess.
They would have to raise prices quite a bit before we would quit going.
Disneyland makes us smile a more than a stack of $100 bills.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:31 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMan59 View Post
We are part of the problem I guess.
They would have to raise prices quite a bit before we would quit going.
Disneyland makes us smile a more than a stack of $100 bills.
Agreed, we are in our mid 60's and love going to Disney theme parks more now than when we were in our 20's! I smile every time we start our walk down Main st.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicia Tom View Post
Agreed, we are in our mid 60's and love going to Disney theme parks more now than when we were in our 20's! I smile every time we start our walk down Main st.

I hear you and understand, as I was there too!
Here, I respect your choices, and mean no denegration.
My kids and grands were given first-time new experiences like train rides, off-road scenery and wildlife, roughing it camping, and so on. None of them were fantasies. Nope. Only real.
3 days ago 11 elk crossed in front of my Jeep while on a forest road. They were REAL!!!
Best wishes and Happy Trails

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:19 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicia Tom View Post

We are in our mid 60's and love going to Disneyland more now than ever too, but they have now priced us out. We simply can no longer afford to go and enjoy like we used to with an annual pass and my grandchildren are also priced out. I think it's sad. If the article is correct and it's a problem of the pass holders impacting the parks attendance, then maybe they should eliminate they annual passes altogether.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:40 AM   #12

iRV2 No Limits Club
Every service/product reaches a point, when to you, it is "just not worth it."

Disney reached that point for us a few years ago, even with Florida resident discounts.

I don't care how "good" or "entertaining" it is now or becomes in the future, sorry Walt, it is just no longer worth it.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 12:08 PM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsChilerick View Post
We are in our mid 60's and love going to Disneyland more now than ever too, but they have now priced us out. We simply can no longer afford to go and enjoy like we used to with an annual pass and my grandchildren are also priced out. I think it's sad. If the article is correct and it's a problem of the pass holders impacting the parks attendance, then maybe they should eliminate they annual passes altogether.
I think that would be a very good idea, but need to keep park hopper passes.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:54 PM   #14
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We love Disney World and frequent the parks, no more than 20 minutes from our winter home. Yes, the prices keep going up, no doubt pushing some past the cost/benefit curve in favor of purchase of a season pass.

It is my understanding that it is only the season passes that are going up in price, the regular ticket prices are not being raised at this time, although "cheap" and "Disney tickets" are not likely to be used in the same sentence regardless.

They've added additional options from past years. As annual pass holders we've opted, in the past, for the unlimited, no black out dates passes that included parking. These were the only passes that included parking which was, otherwise, $17 per day (now being raised to $20 per day). In reviewing the new options I think we'll be purchasing passes at or below what we've paid in the past but will include some black out dates. No worries, we normally avoid the parks for the two weeks leading up to Christmas anyway (the crowds are shoulder to shoulder) and we aren't in Florida over the summer. The new passes will include parking. Opt for more restrictions on dates and eliminate parking privileges and a Florida resident can get an "annual" pass for little more than the cost of two or three days at the regular admission rates.

Disney is not what it was when Walt was still at the helm, but neither is my home town. We enjoy exploring the country spring, summer and fall, but Disney and my wife's volunteer work at "Give kids the World" make up much of our winter escape activities.

2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote