Just got from a week's stay at WDW Ft Wilderness. Here's some info you might be interested in:
1. The best wat ti get to Ft Wilderness is off I-4 unless you are coming in from Highway 27 and you take hw 192. Take exit 68 off I-4 (highway 535) say on this until you go past Buena Vista-next road turn left on Vista and it will take you right to the CG.
2. About all the loops are the same, but some sites are bigger than others. They do not assign you a site until you get there, so make sure you you tell them the size you need.
3. Loop 300 and 700 allows dogs and are close to the boat docks. Loop 700 is closest. This makes it real easy to get to Magic Kingdome (by boat the best way).
4. Wince we are Fla residents we got the Fla rates. The suggestion of you getting one of those I.D. Driver Lic seems like an excellent ida. the cost for a non resident for a 3 day pass is $192. The cost for a Flaresident is $120 for a 3 day pass. This pass lets you vist 3 different parks.
5. I don't think there is an off-season. We went to 3 parks and all of them were full. So get a map and decide which areas you want to visit. Then get s speed pass. This way you are not running all over the park.
6. The best rides are still in Magic Kingdome at the Kraft food court. The food is not good, but the two rides are great. The plane ride and the boat ride where they grow vegs.
2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 38PDQ
Click on SHIP to enlarge CGC Sagebrush