Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2016, 09:13 PM   #1

Disneyland / Anaheim, CA

My wife and I decided to make a trip to Disneyland for spring break. We are going to stay a couple of days. I read some reviews on here and campgroundreviews.com but wanted to see if anyone had a little more updated information.

We are pretty familiar with Disneyland and southern California beach camping, but I have not stayed at any of the RV parks near Disneyland.

So, the there are three in the area: Anaheim RV Park, Anaheim Harbor RV Park and Orangeland RV Park. Has anyone stayed at these and can anyone recommend one over the other?

My main concern is relatively quiet (they are all close to good size roads) and I don't want to stay near a bunch of crazy party people. Family friendly is what I want.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2016, 09:42 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Stayed at all of them, Orange land is the best, then Anaheim RV followed by the Harbor.
milasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:47 PM   #3

We stayed at Anaheim RV Park this time last year and we had a blast. The park is prety nice and fairly quiet considering you are near some major streets. They have a pool and a jacuzzi, which is convenient after a long days walking through the park(s). They also have a shuttle that kicks you up right in front for $5 per person/day.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:48 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
We stayed at the Anaheim rv park. It was very quiet but on the expensive side, but then again you are staying close to Disneyland. The shuttle is convenient and cheap. We would stay there again.
Benicia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:20 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Hi there! We stayed at Anaheim rv and loved it! The shuttle to Disneyland is easy and the park is nice and clean. We could watch the fireworks from our rig! I think it's a great option. We can't wait to go back. Enjoy!
Old 02-08-2016, 11:19 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
All three parks have the shuttle.
milasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:40 PM   #7

We've only ever stayed at the Anaheim RV Resort. It's a bit much cost wise but it's clean, quiet, and the late night check in is painless. If you have an annual pass you can park the RV for free at Disney. We usually check out the morning of our last day and park the rig at Disney for the day.
For the ART the buses are usually empty when they get to the RV park, which can be great in the mornings when they fill up fast. On the return run the RV park is the first stop for the ART as well.
Scatterbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 04:56 AM   #8

We like Orangeland, because it is further from the park...great shuttle service, clean and quiet!
PICDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 08:37 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
We will be staying at Anaheim RV park nxt week for 4 days.
I will get you a update!
(We are stoked!)
Old 02-09-2016, 11:01 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMan59 View Post
We will be staying at Anaheim RV park nxt week for 4 days.
I will get you a update!
(We are stoked!)
Thanks. I just made reservations. Don't forget when you check in they give 10% off for AAA or Military discount - if that helps.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:12 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This thread caught my attention as I have been thinking about camping near Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park.

I checked around and there's zilch in the way of campgrounds near Knott's.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:27 PM   #12

FYI: You can see the fireworks from Anaheim RV Resort, and hear them. Personally we like that as we can still see the show if we decide to leave the park early, but if you plan on turning in early and think the sound of fireworks might be an issue it's something to consider. It's not too loud, but you will hear it in the rig.
Scatterbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:05 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Disneyland / Anaheim, CA

Incidentally, if u want ur RV detailed whilst staying at Anaheim RV park, the 'Wash Crew' did a fantastic job on my RV. They removed all the swirl marks the last mobile crew left on my paintwork.

These guys were detailing multiple RVs a day in the park. Their contact details are on the map they give you when u check in.

Highly recommend!
Old 02-10-2016, 09:43 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by milasman View Post
Stayed at all of them, Orange land is the best, then Anaheim RV followed by the Harbor.
X2. Orangeland was nice and you can pick the oranges and eat them. Yes, orange trees in the park.
rver98 is offline   Reply With Quote